• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Which Of These 2 Base Radio Should I get fixed

DJboutit

Nov 30, 2006
Which of these 2 base radio should I get fixed both needs a decent amount of work

Cobra 2000 GTL it has extra channel I think it has been peaked and tuned before

Cobra 142 GTL with UFO Digi Scan it has never been peaked and tuned.

Reactions: S&W357

All three ...

Most of us have the 2K manual/schematic/PFact just ask
The 142 has it's good points.
"peaked and tuned" Always had an issue with that. Aligned and Serviced.
Peak what ? You can tune a piano but you can't tune a fish.
It's like "pills" is it really that hard to say "transistor"
"finals" unless it is a dual final radio , one driver, one final.
Fine , I got up on the wrong side of the floor (no bed here yet)
Fix them both.

Last edited:
It's like asking if you have 2 children and they are both drowning which one do you save because you can't save them both? Fix both of them just fix the one you like the most first and then fix the other they are both worth fixing. Are the cosmetics good on both if so and you can't decide I will soon have my new shop set up as I just moved when I'm ready to go you can send them both to me I will fix both of them and then you can decide based on which one you are willing to pay for? See I'm quite the problem solver.

2000, I was lucky to find an unmolested one some years ago.

s-l4002.jpg

It's not just the years, it's the miles, too.

Condition would be a part of the judgement. A beat-to-death Cobra 2000 that was left running 24/7 for 25 years and a clean low-mileage 142 might get me to lean toward the cleaner low-miles radio.

MIght.

The 2000 is a top-of-the-line model, all the bells and whistles.

The 142 is more the half-ton pickup. Still gets you there, but not in the same style and convenience.

Old T , I like your analogy on saving the child , but suppose the other drowns while your saving the first ?:whistle: Sorry , Just had to say it !:D Good Luck on your new shop ! I might have some work for you . 73 & God Bless , Leo

Reactions: S&W357

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.