• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Which one?

I live in Sherwood Oregon. Willamette valley. You would think that the WX chans would be fired up around here. Nah. One is the norm on every radio I have ever used. The McKinley picks up two and that second one has either been dead until recently or the McKinley has a really sensitive tuner. My President Bill II FM can't using the same antenna. Not even with a pre-amp.
Oregon? You don't get no stinkin Weather All Harzard Radio (WAHR) Channel: https://www.weatherusa.net/radio

Locate a closet fornicating NWS station in nearby Washington. Go to their site specific and choose one of their WAHR Channels to assess which Oregon Counties the channel covers, if any. As a general rule, any State without a Weather Circus Orifice is picked up by surrounding offices in adjacent States, such as Richland 162.450 (Chnl 3).
1667974106894.png
Don't bother with https://www.weather.gov/nwr/
for any more than rough guesstimate of coverage
1667975333807.png
Has never been any more useful than just shy of useless.
Willamette Hopps, always my choice.

Attachments

• 1667975101024.png
    1667975101024.png
    291.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Ive had several differant mobile antennas mounted to my metal balcony rail of my apartment and always had good results but to get those good results and 1.0 swr i had to cut down alot from my antennas from a wilson 2000 trucker and fiberglass whips ect.
I have a firestik kw7 the 7 foot tall mobile antenna that i had to cut the entire top load off of it to get good swr and works great that way but is that normal ? The entire load butno more than that was cut

Reactions: Rwb
Like this no top load at all i had to cut off but no more then thst works great but why ? I feel like ive ruined this antenna

Attachments

• IMG_20230117_124348.jpg
    IMG_20230117_124348.jpg
    756.7 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated