1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Whoever said good fences make good neighbors, didn't live next to family!

Discussion in 'Announcements & Open Forum' started by G GOLLY WAlly, Sep 6, 2020.

1. G GOLLY WAlly

G GOLLY WAlly WDX 719 / Waldo on AM

We finally signed on the house the 29th, was supposed to sign on the 15th, guess what took so long? The abstract office in McAlester couldn't figure out what county my new house was in, I'm not buying that because I could pull it up on my phone and see that it was Pittsburgh county!!! Well better late than never i suppose. Should be moved in by Saturday evening, then spend the next 6 months to a year trying to figure out what I've done with everything, lol
    But at least I know where all my radio equipment is. Spotted a company in my new little town that supplies pipe, all diameters! gonna stop by there in the future and inquire about it. I know when i drove by my first thought was boy that would make a nice pole for an antenna!!

2. G GOLLY WAlly

20210123_111413.jpg 20210123_111446.jpg
    Been busy staining the scuff marks on the cabinets, they were treated pretty rough but I think I camouflaged them pretty good.

3. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

Satisfying work. Especially once one works out how much is enough!

357magnum likes this.
  4. G GOLLY WAlly

It is satisfying Slow. I was thinking how much I've been enjoying working on this new house. Its funny, my attitude has done a 180 compared to working on my old place. But I gave her fair warning last night, that Madison radio is priority #1 today :)

5. 357magnum

357magnum Sr. Member

G , Awesome job ! (y) Funny how a move changes things ? I lived in a small water front community 20 years ago . We bought the house in 1974 . The boating/fishing & above a Partying was fine then but got old quick as the house are on top of each other & everyone knows your business . We've had or small farm now over 20 years , it's more work but so much more enjoyable with land & privacy !:) Bad part is we are getting older & the chores take a lot longer . :LOL: It was -6 * here yesterday AM , taking care of the animals wasn't much fun .;) Enjoy life while you can ! Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless ! Leo

G GOLLY WAlly and Slowmover like this.
  6. G GOLLY WAlly

20210126_120523.jpg
    20210129_215504.jpg
    The wife got a new stove, but because of the way it was shaped she couldn't set her salt and pepper shakers on the back of it like she could on her old one. So I got on Pinterest and copied this little shelf, I think it turned out pretty good, at least she happy with it (y)

r carl, TM86, 357magnum and 3 others like this.
  7. G GOLLY WAlly

My goodness!! -6, At that temperature I can see why it wasn't much fun!

357magnum likes this.