• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Whoever said good fences make good neighbors, didn't live next to family!

Satisfying work. Especially once one works out how much is enough!
It is satisfying Slow. I was thinking how much I've been enjoying working on this new house. Its funny, my attitude has done a 180 compared to working on my old place. But I gave her fair warning last night, that Madison radio is priority #1 today :)

G , Awesome job ! (y) Funny how a move changes things ? I lived in a small water front community 20 years ago . We bought the house in 1974 . The boating/fishing & above a Partying was fine then but got old quick as the house are on top of each other & everyone knows your business . We've had or small farm now over 20 years , it's more work but so much more enjoyable with land & privacy !:) Bad part is we are getting older & the chores take a lot longer . :LOL: It was -6 * here yesterday AM , taking care of the animals wasn't much fun .;) Enjoy life while you can ! Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless ! Leo

20210126_120523.jpg

20210129_215504.jpg

The wife got a new stove, but because of the way it was shaped she couldn't set her salt and pepper shakers on the back of it like she could on her old one. So I got on Pinterest and copied this little shelf, I think it turned out pretty good, at least she happy with it (y)

G , Awesome job ! (y) Funny how a move changes things ? I lived in a small water front community 20 years ago . We bought the house in 1974 . The boating/fishing & above a Partying was fine then but got old quick as the house are on top of each other & everyone knows your business . We've had or small farm now over 20 years , it's more work but so much more enjoyable with land & privacy !:) Bad part is we are getting older & the chores take a lot longer . :LOL: It was -6 * here yesterday AM , taking care of the animals wasn't much fun .;) Enjoy life while you can ! Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless ! Leo
My goodness!! -6, At that temperature I can see why it wasn't much fun!

Reactions: 357magnum
UPDATE: My niece was supposed to buy my old house, paperwork was signed in October and she was supposed to close December 30th. Five months later she still hasn't signed all while we continue to keep insurance on the place, so we gave an ultimatum of closing by Mar 31or we put the house back on the market. My niece claims she hasn't been able to contact my realtor which is a lie, my realtor made multiple attempts to contact her and never got a call back. She finally went to my niece's place of employment to tell her we were done waiting for her to close. So my old house went back on the market yesterday and they are already going to show it tomorrow, hopefully it sells quickly.

well we signd paper work on the pending sale of our old house. hopefully this time it gets done. And I learned something today, Kolar toilets pretty much have to use Kolar parts a universal toilet repair kit will not work on the Kolar models I have in my house and no stores in my area carry the parts for them. They had two Kolar kits but not for my model. Think I'm gonna scrap these Kolar toilets for some more homeowner friendly toilets.

well we signd paper work on the pending sale of our old house. hopefully this time it gets done. And I learned something today, Kolar toilets pretty much have to use Kolar parts a universal toilet repair kit will not work on the Kolar models I have in my house and no stores in my area carry the parts for them. They had two Kolar kits but not for my model. Think I'm gonna scrap these Kolar toilets for some more homeowner friendly toilets.

Gonna yank your tail: Kohler
(No wonder hard to find parts).

I’ll figure you’re actually settled-in that big dusty antenna gets up in the air.

Me, . . well, with high boots on and a strong flashlight have blazed a trail back to the bedroom. Infirmities have meant I’ve sort of dumped gear & supply as I came thru the door the past two years. Hard to get off couch as never feel rested. Radio was enough distraction to be anodyne.

Now, weather, time, and a full wallet means I can get this place (and truck bed) re-organized till the next job. Get rid of the stuff I’ve quit using. Etc.

Talked last night with a local HAM did a fine job of encouragement (get licensure). “Sure. Soon as I find the dining table”.

Last edited:
Reactions: G GOLLY WAlly
IH-81 all the way from Bristol, TN to Hagerstown, MD is one of the beautiful Interstate drives in this country. I especially like the stretch from Staunton, VA to Woodstock, VA. A favorite.

Back many years ago before it filled with big trucks, that is.

Reactions: G GOLLY WAlly
Gonna yank your tail: Kohler
(No wonder hard to find parts).

I’ll figure you’re actually settled-in that big dusty antenna gets up in the air.

Me, . . well, with high boots on and a strong flashlight have blazed a trail back to the bedroom. Infirmities have meant I’ve sort of dumped gear & supply as I came thru the door the past two years. Hard to get off couch as never feel rested. Radio was enough distraction to be anodyne.

Now, weather, time, and a full wallet means I can get this place (and truck bed) re-organized till the next job. Get rid of the stuff I’ve quit using. Etc.

Talked last night with a local HAM did a fine job of encouragement (get licensure). “Sure. Soon as I find the dining table”.

I need to get that antenna in the air, rained all day today, more to come it looks like.

I'm gonna vent a little bit, my wife worries her self to death about the amount of money we paid for our house. Did I pay to much, I probably did, but the way I look at it, I wanted it, she said she wanted it, so I bought it. Like they say you can't take it with you so I might as well spend it. I don't think my new home is built as well as my old home, but its still a nice place. If I can accomplish my hopes and aspirations I have for my new home it should be well worth more than I gave for it. And she complains we're gonna have to spend 100k to do what you want, So!! we can't take it with us. Besides I've been enjoying my self working and fixing things we don't care for, I don't have a problem with making it what we want, I don't plan on moving again anyway so why not spend the money on it. Besides that she's spent over 100k trying to keep her oldest out of prison, at least with this house we have something to show for spending 100k. I showed her a picture of a full glass storm door I was looking at today, it's built like a tank, impact resistant glass, three locking mechanisms for extra protection. She ask how much, when I told her $425 she said no way! Just like in radio, if you want to play you gotta pay, That door sure is gonna look good on my new house!:)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated