• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Why is it a 10K world?(mobile)

Chris, I got involved in this thread and others because I thought Dan was getting a bad wrap. He has made some improvements in his Coily antennas so I was going to compare it to Kale's 10K antennas.

Looking at both of them Kale's is lighter and parts can be easily unscrewed and replaced. Kale is using a special grease to keep water intrusion to a minimum.

Dan's insulator is thicker so it may take a little more power. More than I will ever try I am sure. Dan's is welded and a little heavier. Dan has a water drain whole on his insulator. The Coily shaft is a little thinner.

I believe that both are building a good quality antenna at a fair price.

Will these antennas work for everyone, probably not. But they certainly are worth looking at for most applications. They both offer a lifetime warranty. Hey if anyone out their has one of these antennas and it has failed Kale will send you new part(s) and Dan a new antenna so your are safe there to the best of my knowledge.

Ben

Re: thats funny

cowboy4570 said:
correct me if i am wrong but isnt cowpucky a pile??
------------------------------------------------------------
Well,Well,Well YEEHHAAWWW look what crawled in? This is "Mr Cowpucky 2879" It took you this long to Come up with that "PILE"
------------------------------------------------------------
your ip was never ban or your password maybe you should check again

and as for everyone over on the other forum being punks alot of members here are members there you saying there punks?

have a great day :LOL:
cowboy4570

Well i still can't log in?And to tell you the truth i don't even want to or have time to bother with a bunch of internet terrorist over there!
Anyway my e-mail no longer exist in there system and my password and account don't work! So i can't retrive my password or log in..73ssss I won't be bothering anymore i am off to work..Peace have a great day and let the truth be with you.... Don't ask me to reply over there i won't ever agian i did that before and got slammed.
Here is an email i recieved this morning from What i think is not mack? I won't list the e-mail as it's not the right thing to do...anyway this is how it looks exactly copy and pasted if you look at the wording, i know if it were mack he would have put a little more effort into it than this,looks like a teenager wrote it...peace Coily,,,OUT!
hey man come on back and answer all your fan mail.
Thats all i got?? no answer on logging in or anything it's just old and moldy...I am not even going to bother, with him or them,all they would get from me is a boost in Hits and i would just get Slammed so i will call it all good!And just say Good day.
Let the truth be with you! 73sss CDX418...Dan or Coily

Hopefully this is the last of this problem,like a said if i can log in a will,it's not like i am scared :roll: 73sss...Dan

cbshack said:
Chris, I got involved in this thread and others because I thought Dan was getting a bad wrap. He has made some improvements in his Coily antennas so I was going to compare it to Kale's 10K antennas.

Looking at both of them Kale's is lighter and parts can be easily unscrewed and replaced. Kale is using a special grease to keep water intrusion to a minimum.

Dan's insulator is thicker so it may take a little more power. More than I will ever try I am sure. Dan's is welded and a little heavier. Dan has a water drain whole on his insulator. The Coily shaft is a little thinner.

I believe that both are building a good quality antenna at a fair price.

Will these antennas work for everyone, probably not. But they certainly are worth looking at for most applications. they both offer a lifetime warranty. Hey if anyone out their has one of these antennas and it has failed Kale will send you new part(s) and Dan a new antenna so your are safe there to the best of my knowledge.

Ben
cbshack, I think me and Dan are both using Delrin for insulator material. I talked to Ghost Rider in Florida a while back. He is running AC class and said at 100 KW, thats right, 100 KW he can't melt Delrin. He said regular plastic will melt under RF power. No more power than Dan and I am running, neither one of us will have to worry about burning up the insulator on either antenna. Kale

CDX197 said:
Hey Mr. Coil how much are your antenna's?
There only $65.00 bucks,I was at the pilot yesterday getting gas and they wanted 60.00 bucks for them antennas they have on the shelf man talk about a rip...anyway 73ss and love them crazy clowns...peace coily..

I have a 10k,102 steel whip and also a wilson 5000 for use on my mobile.After hearing for years that a 10K or wilson would out do a whip so i bought em. All i can say is that they look really good in my closet because neither of them work as good as the steel whip.Also.....why do i hear that people have a hard time tuning their wips?I have had whips on all of my mobile setups and i have never had any of them show higher than 1.4 from 1 thru 40.Just remember,when it comes to antennas ground is everything!

King Mudduck said:
I have a 10k,102 steel whip and also a wilson 5000 for use on my mobile.After hearing for years that a 10K or wilson would out do a whip so i bought em. All i can say is that they look really good in my closet because neither of them work as good as the steel whip.Also.....why do i hear that people have a hard time tuning their wips?I have had whips on all of my mobile setups and i have never had any of them show higher than 1.4 from 1 thru 40.Just remember,when it comes to antennas ground is everything!

Well over all the years i have been doing the antenna thing,i have never been able to get a great match with a whip and then when i drove around the match would even get worse,on the center of my saburban the whip tunes around 1.2.1 sitting still and un-adjustable and That's really fine when just running stock or a few hundred and sitting still, when i drive around the whip swr would swing 1.5.1 -1.8.1! I can get a coil to tune also 1.2.1 or lower and hold that when driving around and in the middle of the roof.now on the back of my saburban i can get a perfectly flat 1.0.1- 1.1.1 mfj all day, driving or sitting, with no movement on swr.When i have tried to use a whip on the back it will not go under 1.4.1-1.5.1 and when driving might as well just talk out the coax. The whip needs a good ground to work properly you are correct on that point and that's why it tunes well in the middle and not as well when intruduced to less ground near the back.with all that said i have seen time and time agian that a coil can beat a whip and have people who have seen gains in a true real world 1 db output over a steel whip with increased cleaner audio,there will always be the guys who belive the whip has to work better, and that's mosty due to what the books say and the book are not always right,i have done long range tests at 18 miles and 40+ miles with great results proving a coil built right with correctly spaced coils, and shaft hieght will give you a far better advantage.I was at rat shack last week and there 102" whips are 19.99 each.A good coil is onle 60-65 bucks, If setup right,and the coil antenna is tuned and with good counterpoise it will give you overall better output and only be 6.6 feet high.\
I personally cannot run a whip i won't chance my equipment :cry: to the wavering reflection patterns, and i don't like hitting overpasses and them florecent light are scary also :D Just my 10 cents worth..73sss ....Dan

King Mudduck said:
King Mudduck, which 10K did you have and what kind of vehicle was you mounting it on. The radiating pattern of the 102 and a coil antenna is altogether different. I market 6 different length shafts and it is important which one you was working with. Kale

cowboy4570 said:
cowpucky
your user name and password works just fine for me

Yep and they worked just fine for me also now that i made a big deal about it!I went ahead and took my redirected link down you messed with "Your A Freak",and did not bother to post over there and i won't!I did change my password so if anything get messed with now,Then i will know whos doing it! And it will just make you look even smaller!I don't know if David still owns that page but i am going to e-mail him direcly about this and see.Thanks for the redirected links,and i would like to thank the people out here who brought it to my attention and i thank you all..73ssss have a good week....Dan

Yep and they worked just fine for me also now that i made a big deal about it!I went ahead and took my redirected link down you messed with "Your A Freak",and did not bother to post over there and i won't!I did change my password so if anything get messed with now,Then i will know whos doing it! And it will just make you look even smaller!I don't know if David still owns that page but i am going to e-mail him direcly about this and see.Thanks for the redirected links,and i would like to thank the people out here who brought it to my attention and i thank you all..73ssss have a good week....Dan
Know the feeling Mr.Coily....Thats one more reason I dont go back over there either....that and the fact, I must have been a threat to them...they wont even let me back on anymore! :p

jessejamesdallas said:
Know the feeling Mr.Coily....Thats one more reason I dont go back over there either....that and the fact, I must have been a threat to them...they wont even let me back on anymore! :p

From what i have been collecting thru all the people i know out here,They have banned just about everybody from there boards and the people who do have accounts have to walk around on Egg Shells or they will get kicked out also what kind forum is that? If you don't belive me i kick you out forum,,,please like there super cbers or something,,,LoL,,,What that tells me, is when somebody don't want to go along with there Bull!@#$ twisted stories and lies they just kick them to the side.I am basicly to busy with Family,work and antennas to worry about a bunch of a--h-l-s out here on the internet who want to play with me :roll: LOOK I AM FAMOUS!! :LOL: LOL :LOL: I just do the best i can,when i get orders i build a bad ass antenna,Get it sent out,and do my best to take care of my guys.I am so fricken busy right now i wonder why i bother,Hey man have a good week 8) and keep out of the sun, looks hot down there,it's working up to 85-90 up here this week shorts and Muscle shirt time....anyway 73sss...Coily
Yeah i will say it "It's a Coily World" peace....Dan
www.mrcoily.com

Yep Dan...It's been plenty hot here in the Dallas area sence Saturday, but only around 99. Whats makeing it feel hott'er, is all the humidity...feels like 110!

Another interesting thing...got a email from T2W, saying if I wanted to come-back to the re-tard's, It was OK...Said all the Mod's were fired....Seem's like I have heard that before!

T2W...thanks...but, think I'll take a "Rain-Check" for now...

jessejamesdallas said:
Yep Dan...It's been plenty hot here in the Dallas area sence Saturday, but only around 99. Whats makeing it feel hott'er, is all the humidity...feels like 110!

Another interesting thing...got a email from T2W, saying if I wanted to come-back to the re-tard's, It was OK...Said all the Mod's were fired....Seem's like I have heard that before!

T2W...thanks...but, think I'll take a "Rain-Check" for now...

Its suppost to hit 90 up here and about time,i can't stand the rain!I like the heat but all year would suck!Damd if you do Damn if you don't! Good luck if you wonder over there you get out of line one time and they will attack like a starving child in a taco joint"LOL",I have to wonder about some of the forums?Really makes me sick i can't even let my kids near the computer when i go into forums like that,Strait up bad.Anyway looks like i am being attacked again ...Woop,Woop,Woop and a way i go!
73sss Coily I will keep an ear open for you on the band!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.