• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Why is it a 10K world?(mobile)

coily antenna

i have a guy give me one of these i tried it out and found out that the weld wernt solid everytime it rained water got inside the top of the shaft i found the leak when i presure tested it in a 55 gal drum of water and saw air bubles coming out of the welds :?: either coily i have brush up on your welding or buy a new tig welder. now that coily sitina wood by a drunks hous ein my town and i have a walkie talkie hooked to it so when he acts up i turn it on a block his rx .it really all you antenna is good for sorry.

hey Dan it's a 10K world!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: coily antenna

redwing21 said:
i have a guy give me one of these i tried it out and found out that the weld wernt solid everytime it rained water got inside the top of the shaft i found the leak when i presure tested it in a 55 gal drum of water and saw air bubles coming out of the welds :?: either coily i have brush up on your welding or buy a new tig welder. now that coily sitina wood by a drunks hous ein my town and i have a walkie talkie hooked to it so when he acts up i turn it on a block his rx .it really all you antenna is good for sorry.

Actually if you did your home work you would know for one thing i don't built them anymore and have completly changed the design and they are now perfect!,,,So you were given an antenna??? Ok if you say so ,And if it was a problem why is it that i was not informed? and asked to fix it or replace it they are guarenteed? Now to let you in on exactly what was happening with the old antenna ...The hex bottom stud support was not built deep enough into the tubing creating a weak point and as people drove around and they vibrated the weld would begin to crack internally and would break...Also they old antennas had a water drain hole milled into the isolator to let heat exspansion and water out ,but this also let water in,,,my fault...Now your welcome to return the antenna for a replacement,,,But in the future i would at least let the builder know about the problem before you decide to try and attack him as you will see i have addressed the problems and moved on with all new antennas....Thanks..Dan
It's a coily world!
0a74f5b0.jpg

mrcoily said:
redwing21 said:

Actually if you did your home work you would know for one thing i don't built them anymore and have completly changed the design and they are now perfect!,,,So you were given an antenna??? Ok if you say so ,And if it was a problem why is it that i was not informed? and asked to fix it or replace it they are guarenteed? Now to let you in on exactly what was happening with the old antenna ...The hex bottom stud support was not built deep enough into the tubing creating a weak point and as people drove around and they vibrated the weld would begin to crack internally and would break...Also they old antennas had a water drain hole milled into the isolator to let heat exspansion and water out ,but this also let water in,,,my fault...Now your welcome to return the antenna for a replacement,,,But in the future i would at least let the builder know about the problem before you decide to try and attack him as you will see i have addressed the problems and moved on with all new antennas....Thanks..Dan
It's a coily world!
0a74f5b0.jpg

Nice photo of antenna's their Mr.Coily, why did you change your design to be like 10k's ?
No offense Dan, but i'll just stick with the inovator of that design (kale).

antenna

acutally Dan it was leaking in at of to top off the antenna were the allen set screws are for the stinger the top weld. No need to send it bac i ha dit tig welded by my friend who is a welder no big deal no reaseon to waste money sending it to you . Glad to here u got the problem straight now

it like my daddy use to sat at first u dont sucseed try try again :)

Re: antenna

redwing21 said:
acutally Dan it was leaking in at of to top off the antenna were the allen set screws are for the stinger the top weld. No need to send it bac i ha dit tig welded by my friend who is a welder no big deal no reaseon to waste money sending it to you . Glad to here u got the problem straight now

Too bad it was at someone else's expense, if you know what i'm driving at here.

Nice photo of antenna's their Mr.Coily, why did you change your design to be like 10k's ?
No offense Dan, but i'll just stick with the inovator of that design (kale).[/quote]

Well for whatever reason everybody thinks it is a tin-k copy but thats just not true..i will let you all in on where it came from with this simple picture from -1996-97- when i started doing this,,these are the first coily antenna,,Solid shafted 3 inch coils single,double and triple coils...If anybody is a copy cat it sure is not me,,I took my bokk out and i went old school and back to basics,,took my old shafts"solid" changed them from 5/8 2011 hexagon stock..to what i use now 5/8 6061 -t6 stock i uses the same drilled and tapped botton stud only added a stainless 3/8X24 stud and matching set bolt and thread locked everything to keep it from working loose or vibrating loose,,THe old antenna had a flat 3 inch coil with a bolted configuration,,I Simply changed that too the 1/4" 6061 bar stock and slid it thru the hole and welded the other side creating great strength and durablity..the isolators are the same as the old model only i added a water drain hole thru the upper isolator and whip assembly there all coily..Don't let anybody tell you differantly"theres a little DR,crow in there aslo 73ssss No offence taken It's just mis-information that made you think that way...Dan
242ff6d0.jpg

CDX424 said:
redwing21 said:

it was a free fix for me the guy is building me a roll cage for my 4x4 chevy

what are u driving at? so he wa sgoing to fix for free bigg deal i got it done localy why wait fo rsomething when u can have it done for in 5 minutes

beside my 10k beat the dog snot out of the coily sorry to let u knw

what antenna do u see at key downs (winning)????????

10k's

sorry if i offend u your antennas look nice but i tested a 10k 27inch single coil' 27 iinch coily , a willson 5000, and a 102' whip

the guy who i tested with wha twas 10 miles away said

the 10k gave him 15 s-units

coily gave him 10

willson gave him 12

102' whip gave him 8

maybe kale dont weld his for a reason????? i dont know i'm not a antenna builder but i know what the meter reads

redwing21 said:
CDX424 said:
redwing21 said:

it was a free fix for me the guy is building me a roll cage for my 4x4 chevy

what are u driving at? so he wa sgoing to fix for free bigg deal i got it done localy why wait fo rsomething when u can have it done for in 5 minutes

beside my 10k beat the dog snot out of the coily sorry to let u knw

what antenna do u see at key downs (winning)????????

10k's

sorry if i offend u your antennas look nice but i tested a 10k 27inch single coil' 27 iinch coily , a willson 5000, and a 102' whip

the guy who i tested with wha twas 10 miles away said

the 10k gave him 15 s-units

coily gave him 10

willson gave him 12

102' whip gave him 8

maybe kale dont weld his for a reason????? i dont know i'm not a antenna builder but i know what the meter reads

Thats cool!glad it works for you 5 sunits man that alot of gain over my antenna,i find that hard to belive,Mine have been tested time and time again to work as well as any antenna, anyway thats good i am glad you have it working and dialed in..as far as shootouts go most of the real players run welded antennas and sticks,not to many i know and i know alot would ever key a many multiple thousand dollar setup thru a screwed together antenna,anyway no matter.. have a break to go to in the morning and still loading the Burban up so have a good weekend...Dan

I think what he is driving at is, if the antenna breaks or whatever due to poor crafsmanship, paying fo the shipping isn't free is it ?
But i could be wrong here.

I was reading this thread and now I understand why I can't get a membership at that other forum LOL

I tried 3 times, even sent an e mail asking for approval, and still nothing.

I got one response saying that they had server problems and could not approve anyone at the moment, that was 2 weeks ago.

Oh well I like it here, so here is where I'll stay

other forum

i tired that other forum too i tried to email them but they never answered me back either .ithink they are all silly over their if u know what i mean ;)

Problem ya'll maybe haveing with "the other forum", is either you didnt fill out all of the application correctly, or you may have a "hotmail" account, which sometimes screw's up their applications for some reason.

If you want to get on the "other Forum" try re-submitting the application, and even if it say's something is not required, fill it in anyway. Sometimes App's sent in on weekends, wont get approved till the following Mondays too...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.