• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Winter is coming!!!

Not a bit of snow here. We had maybe three or four inches total so far this winter. We will eventually get some but this is the new norm for us. I am 60 but when I was a kid we would get enough snow in November to track a deer in the woods and that snow would stay on the ground from late November until spring. It has been YEARS since we had a white christmas.

We're still in the wind and rain and unseasonably warm cycle up here. By next Thursday however it is supposed to clear out and temperatures are to drop to -15 celsius (5 F), which will be our first real taste of winter all season. Kinda looking forward to the change LOL!

We're still in the wind and rain and unseasonably warm cycle up here. By next Thursday however it is supposed to clear out and temperatures are to drop to -15 celsius (5 F), which will be our first real taste of winter all season. Kinda looking forward to the change LOL!
Yeah it is sort of scare y when the seasons don't act the way they should. Don't get me wrong snow removal puts a hurting on the old bod but too much rain and wind hurts you in other ways. Hope you got your power back. I spent a good portion of the day getting things ready for the event and thinking of starting my cellar coal stove now that the temperature has dropped. The upstairs stove needs a little help about now.

We are
Now NOAA has a weather alert for Saturday 11:00 AM - Sunday 7:00 PM for 6" - 9" of snow. That will be our first for this winter if it happens. That's only a little snack for my, MTD, Honda, Farmall, & Kubota. My shovel will be lonely and crying in the corner ! LOL
We have been getting warning about that same system moving up here to Nova Scotia. Calling for 6-10 inches here Sunday into Monday. Basically just enough to have to clear the yard so it won't get messy. I might get some seat time in the John Deere 1025R on Monday. :D

We are

We have been getting warning about that same system moving up here to Nova Scotia. Calling for 6-10 inches here Sunday into Monday. Basically just enough to have to clear the yard so it won't get messy. I might get some seat time in the John Deere 1025R on Monday. :D
Yeah I was reading your post the other day and was surprise that you haven't had snow yet, your more North than me, But I guess Mother Nature can be fickle sometimes. LOL

Yeah I was reading your post the other day and was surprise that you haven't had snow yet, your more North than me, But I guess Mother Nature can be fickle sometimes. LOL

Yeah but we are more east too and the Jetstream tends to influence our temperatures. In the winter it tends to wobble back and forth either side of us, sometimes to the west and we get warmer and sometimes to the east of us and then we get much colder. One day it can be mild and 40-45 degrees and the next day 15-20 then back up again a couple days later. Our snowstorms usually end up with at least some rain near the end. Never used to be like that when I was a kid but now that I am 60 it has become the new norm.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.