• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wouxun KG-UVD1P Review

KG-UV2D

Greetings:

Is the uv2d replacing the uvd1p? I became intersted in the uvd1p but upon visiting the wouxun.us website, only found the uv2d.

thanks for your help.:pop:

This is how I found to program the Wouxun HT

After selecting item, to enter it you Must push Menu exit to save it.

1. Push theTDR, then Menu 21, Menu, Freq.
Enter Freq (146.670), (147.030), etc.

2. Menu 23, Menu set off set to 00.600 - DO NOT EVER CHANGE THIS AGAIN!!! menu, exit.

3. Menu 24, Menu set to +,- , off, Then Menu, exit.

4. Menu 16, menu select the correct tone, menu, exit.

5. Menu 27, menu select channel ##'s. If you see a CH in front of ##'s it's Full (ch002). if you see 002 it's free to use.
Menu 27, menu select channel ( 15, etc), menu, exit.

To delete channel menu 28, menu channel ## menu, exit.

Now to add names

6. Menu 21, menu select CH, menu, exit

7. Menu 26, menu rotate clock wise to select A-Z, 0-9. counter clock to move to next space. When you are done. Menu, exit.

If you pass a letter or space. YOU MUST CONTINUE FORWARD UNTIL you come back to correct one.

8. Repeat until you program your radio.

After programming your radio. To show Names

9. Menu 21, menu select Name, menu exit.

Now you are ready to fully enjoy your new toy.

Greetings:

Is the uv2d replacing the uvd1p? I became intersted in the uvd1p but upon visiting the wouxun.us website, only found the uv2d.

thanks for your help.:pop:
The UV2D is the new version. According to the sources at wouxun.us, the new version has better spurious surpression, less than 70db! The other main difference is that they fixed the annoying MENU 21 issue where it doesn't remember what you set the radio to display memory names. According to Ed Griffin at wouxun.us, "The factory has modified our KG-UV2D model so that the default display remains whatever you choose it to be. You set it and forget it. When you switch between modes the display always returns to whatever you had it set for. No more hassle with Menu 21 each time."

So, I've had this radio connected to the Larsen dual-band antenna that I've drilled into the roof of my car and have been ASTONISHED at the performance. I can hit repeaters miles and miles away and get clear transmission reports from places my Yaesu could only dream of. Couldn't be happier with this HT.

I live and die by these forums. Cars, ham radio, how to fix this and that.

My questions
Win XP, WOUXUN software, USB.
How do I pgm 440 in the “A” button and 144 in the “B” button?
The file menu offers save, etc. Where do I save the chan msg to? And same for the optional msg. I tried the Pgm disk, NG. It is .tw or ? .doc or???

Thanks

I just read that review and it seems fairly typical. Adjacent channel and IMD isn't exactly the best in the world, but all things considered, especially the going price of the things, it ain't all that bad.
This is the first hand-held radio I've considered getting in quite some time. I'm not a huge fan of hand-helds by the way. One reason for that is it's use under Part 90, which I do have a use for. From what the article said, the USA distributor only handles amateur band capable radios. That's done with software, not hardware restrictions, and I have no idea if it's "un-do-able" or not. That's something to check into. Where would you get the Part 90 versions??
- 'Doc

Where would you get the Part 90 versions??
- 'Doc

I'm pretty sure you just order the same radio and use the software that's posted in the mods section to reprogram it with the frequency range you need.

My questions
The file menu offers save, etc. Where do I save the chan msg to? And same for the optional msg. I tried the Pgm disk, NG. It is .tw or ? .doc or???

Thanks

I'm not sure I completely understand your questions, but I'll try to answer.

You don't program bands into each VFO. Rather, you program the memories into the memory channels and then just select the channel you want on each VFO.

The File menu on the programming software allows you to save the memories in a file wherever you want on your PC. The file format is *.tw.

I'm not sure I completely understand your questions, but I'll try to answer.

You don't program bands into each VFO. Rather, you program the memories into the memory channels and then just select the channel you want on each VFO.

The File menu on the programming software allows you to save the memories in a file wherever you want on your PC. The file format is *.tw.
Thanks for ur reply.
Do u mean, I pgm ch 1-20 with 440 freqs, and 21-40 with 144 freqs?

My questions

Thanks

I have the KG-UVDP1, you can't program either the A or B for only one band, unless you have only one band programmed into the memory.
You have a single memory matrix that is numbered, 1 through XX, that can be set for a freq. in either band. A or B can be set to any Number programed in the single memory matrix.

Example: If in the memory you have set memory #1 for 144.400 MHZ, and memory #2 for 440.600 MHZ.
You could set "A" for 144.400 MHZ (#1), and "B" for 440.600 MHZ (#2)
or
You could set "A" memory for 440.600MHZ(#2) and "B" for 144.400MHZ(#1).

Last edited:
milkman21218,
It appears that except for the larger battery, and an 'up-dated' programming method, the differences between this model and the others is a "Power Werks" 'proprietary' thing rather than a major change. Although, that larger battery and programming doesn't seem like something to sneeze at. (I'd just ordered a 'HG-UVD 2 P' maybe an hour before seeing this new model ... RATS!)
I think I'll down load that program just for grins, it may be easier to use than the others?
I'm just not that much of a fan for hand-held radios, but, this 'HG-UVD 2 P' will 'fit' very nicely into a local 'need' with the land mobile capability, if it isn't really 'disabled'. I guess I'll find out in 3 - 5 days.
- 'Doc

Can't find the @#$ thing!

I had a small program that would change the com port on the Wouxun HT and now I can't find the @#$ thing. I would have sworn I got it from here (forum), but can't find any reference to it now. I've also looked at every site I can remember that deals with the Wouxun radios with no luck. So... what am I missing it? Any ideas?
- 'Doc

(I hate when I do stupid things like this.)

I had a small program that would change the com port on the Wouxun HT and now I can't find the @#$ thing. I would have sworn I got it from here (forum), but can't find any reference to it now. I've also looked at every site I can remember that deals with the Wouxun radios with no luck. So... what am I missing it? Any ideas?
- 'Doc

(I hate when I do stupid things like this.)

Was it the software linked in this thread? http://www.worldwidedx.com/handitalkies/80776-new-wouxun-kg-uvd1p-programming-software.html

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated