• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu 101e No power On 160 Band

Rudes

Dec 20, 2008
I have good power on all bands except 160 meters. On 160 I have about 2 watts output? I have tried adjusting TC-28 & TC-10 and it did not change a thing. Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks...

Does your preselector tune all the way at the end on 160 or does it peak out at 2 watts before it hits the end? Does it receive with normal sensitivity when you use the calibration oscillator?

Hopefully an antenna for the receive and a dummy load for transmit.

Does it recieve on 160? is there a 160 crystal installed? Is it the correct crystal? The recieve on that 101 will tell you many things if you use the 25 or 100 hz marker to peak the recieve. By using the recieve freq marker or calibrator per say to tune the preselector, plate load and tune knobs you are basically tuning the rig for best recieve, and if it is properly aligned it will also be the best transmit P out.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio