• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yeticom Optima 10/11/12 Meter Export Radio reviewed @ cbradiomagazine.com

Been watching my mail but no radio here yet LOL

i'm $22k short of my son's college tuition this semester. soon as i send that check, my next hundred's going to you ;-)
whoops, 1st i gotta hit up breedlove for a new mount for my XJ's roof so i can actually key up the radio with an antenna attached!

XJ roofs are flimsy as hell. My Wilson 1000 roof mount flexed the roof panel quite a bit. I was wanting to run a Sirio 5000 roof mount, but couldn't without reinforcement underneath. I just kept the Wilson.

davegrantsr let the kid get college loans, interest is cheaper and you can get the radio sooner. LOL. Been there, done that with college and 2 kids here, I understand, even though she got the loans were paying now, but it left me enough time to get a few Optima radios before that payment started ha ha;)

Attachments

• optima 3-2-12.jpg
    optima 3-2-12.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 106
XJ roofs are flimsy as hell. My Wilson 1000 roof mount flexed the roof panel quite a bit. I was wanting to run a Sirio 5000 roof mount, but couldn't without reinforcement underneath. I just kept the Wilson.

yea i know. i'm thinking 1 of his pucks with the 6x6 plate & maybe 1 bolt thru it-if i can drill thru the rib-& i can surround the rear roof brace rib with the other 2 bolts.....

tucker....that's what i did. the $22k is what is left over being owed after i max out his/my loans! good thing i have mostly decent radios purchased BEFORE 7 years in a row of college....including a twofer next year!

I have a 6 month old Optima that has a defective display. Supposedly, it's the result of an unstable PLL. This problem is supposedly fixed in version 3.

2012-09-28_19-09-36_352.jpg

Yeticom is refusing to recognize the display defect as a warranty repair. Since they won't fix it. It's unlikely that any stateside shop will be able or willing.

Learned my lesson... Warranties can sometimes be worthless.

Best to stick with a decent rig manufacturer with local resellers that will honor their warranties.

$375 radio shipped + shitty display = Hosed

http://www.worldwidedx.com/showthread.php?p=392567

Screenshot_2012-11-30-02-13-02.png

Last edited:
How about it M42Duster?? I'll go 200 max shipped, I figure it will cost between 50 and 75 to send it back to China for the repair and the same back to me plus the price of whatever parts they need. So how about the 200 dollar deal and you can be done with it. Or we can do a swap the Optima for a 2 week old Anytone AT 5555 with cable for programming. Was told it is verison 5 board but uses version 6 software so I would be safe to say it is a version 6.

I'm going to put it up on my shelf as a constant reminder of how some businesses lack integrity.

Then once I get tired looking at it, I'll give it to someone less fortunate than myself.

You just sound like a Sour Grapes Kind Of Guy. I offered to trade you a great working 2 week old computer programming radio for a trade so I guess you must feel the Optima is just a better radio and not willing to give up a broken Optima the way you talk about it.

I love this optima radio and all I did was read about it(watched video). It's a one of a kind radio that I think it's worth the price. Maybe if everyone buys one then maybe they'll drop the price a little.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated