• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yeticom Optima MK3 Mobile

If you really want to "hear" yourself what I have found to do , and do myself is have a cheep radio just for receive, to just hear your self when needed. I also have friends I talk to around the USA, and Canada, and in N.Z. that will record me, and e mail it to me , and or play it back over the radio to me.

I had a guy with a great sounding station out of Florida record me on channel 28. I gotta say my Magnum S45 sounded good. The guy that recorded me even had small commercials he would play in between talking skip and recording other cbers. I have not heard him since then. Sounded like he was having a good time. I am just tough on microphones and like to know when I screw one up.

you are going to love you optima....turned one the little dx500 today in my pick uphere in Oregon and spoke to Bermuda then spun around in the wal mart parking lot and got out to New Zealand, what more can you ask for Bermuda on ch.20 AM side, and then on USB 27.505 N.Z. all about 2:35pm pt.

I must start scanning more frequencies. I tuned to 27.505usb Friday afternoon and heard stations out of Brazil I believe. Even heard an operator in California talk to a guy in Sao Paulo, Brazil on 38lsb, at least I think that is where he said he was. I did hear some Australian stations for a few minutes Thursday afternoon while I was out in west Texas.

Reactions: Mudduckmobile
Finally had some decent skip here today (central Texas). I made several contacts today and finally talked to an operator running an Optima with a 102" whip out of Oregon and it sounded real good. Not saying it was the best I've ever heard but it was very clean and clear. I would have thought he was a base. I really want one for me pickup now for sure. But with the price of oil down so is my paycheck. But I am literally saving my loose change for one.

Just curious what is the deadkey and swing with the power at low and high?

Last edited:
Finally had some decent skip here today (central Texas). I made several contacts today and finally talked to an operator running an Optima with a 102" whip out of Oregon and it sounded real good. Not saying it was the best I've ever heard but it was very clean and clear. I would have thought he was a base. I really want one for me pickup now for sure. But with the price of oil down so is my paycheck. But I am literally saving my loose change for one.

Might have been me, driven down the road.....Mobile Unit 1358 Central Oregon, it was ruff and tuff today and it was in and out.

AM, Dk 2.75w. 50w out the back, I was putting that into my Dx 500. Driven down Hwy 97 in my pick up.

Looking for info on this radio. Anyone have the newest version of the Optima?
All of the videos I found are the MK2 or older. I also looked for threads on this forum and only found info on the MK2 or older version.
According to the website the radio has been improved from the previous MK2 version.
yeticomnz.com
I run Mk lll. Never have run mk ll or any other Optima's but do love my Mk lll. Very good SSB rig, and I get lot's of good remarks on AM as well. I run it mobile, with Dx 500 on 102 SS wipe.

I don't think it was worth $375 shipped. There are other options out there at that price, or wait and save a few coins and definitely get something better.

HOW MUCH??? id be better of getting an RCI 2970N2.
If your going to buy a N2, you should just go for the N4, I have this rig and it is my Base at this time, I did run it as my mobile at one time but moved the Optima Mklll in the truck when the Base pooped on me, I hate moving rigs around but RCI 2970N4 when to base, Optima back to truck.

Might have been me, driven down the road.....Mobile Unit 1358 Central Oregon, it was ruff and tuff today and it was in and out.

I believe that was you. Those numbers sound familiar. I talked to a few operators out of the Northwest, but I am fairly certain those were they numbers used. I go by 553, I was running a barefoot Magnum S45 with a Wilson 1000 mag mount. Hopefully the skip conditions get better. It has been dead around here the last few days, even the Super bowl had been quite.

I believe that was you. Those numbers sound familiar. I talked to a few operators out of the Northwest, but I am fairly certain those were they numbers used. I go by 553, I was running a barefoot Magnum S45 with a Wilson 1000 mag mount. Hopefully the skip conditions get better. It has been dead around here the last few days, even the Super bowl had been quite.
Yesterday (Friday) was good, the 3 days before where so, so, to bad....the sun is doing her thing.
http://spaceweathernews.com/otf
/
http://www.helioviewer.org
/
http://www.suspicious0bservers.org
I"m sure that was you, my wife logs when were driving, and she has 55? (3). in her log book, Cent. Texas, and there are 6 other contacts (7 for the day from texas, two before you, and 4 after).

Reactions: codeman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.