• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yeticom Optima MK3 Mobile

Just curious, is there an on/off for the display on the Optima? I have narrowed my choice to either the Optima or the Lincoln 2. I like the small size,power and memory features of them both. But the radio will be used in a mobile and bright lights are a problem for me. Could the Optima be modified to have a dimmer? The Optima sounds like a good radio and I like that it has a fan from the dealer.

No on/off for display on optima mk3, but it's not bad on the eyes at night. Used one in the mobile for quite some time and it never bothered me any. My magnum 257hp was a different story!!!

Reactions: binrat
OK sounds good! I have a magnum s45 and even on dim the lighting is just a little too bright for me at night. I like my Uniden 980 easy dimming capabilities. Just wish that radio could be modified for the extra channels. I have been told many many times how good that radio sounds, and that is with the stock mic.

I have a 980 as well and use the older Uniden stock mic, the one with the silver face and a red paw on the front and the back is black. Came with a PC68 I bought. Wired for 4 pin cobra radios. With the adapter it works well on the 980 as well as the Uniden Bluetooth mic. Drill the mic hole out them and they aren't bad either. But the bearcat mic seems to work best.

Be patient undertaker. It will be worth the wait. You will like it a lot for SSB use, especially with the filter turned on and a good external speaker!! The $40 Wilson metal ones actually do work well with this radio, can be tuned up and not distort.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.