• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter dipole vs A99 for base

Since the primary interference concern appears to be TV related, if it arises you can install a low pass filter between the radio and antenna. This type of interference would likely be harmonically related and these filter can provide upwards of 80 attenuation to these harmonics. They do nothing to prevent direct RFI to sound systems, landlines, ect. Most TV broadcast takes place in the High Band and UHF spectrum today. That digital signal is much more resistant to CB interference.

Since the primary interference concern appears to be TV related, if it arises you can install a low pass filter between the radio and antenna. This type of interference would likely be harmonically related and these filter can provide upwards of 80 attenuation to these harmonics. They do nothing to prevent direct RFI to sound systems, landlines, ect. Most TV broadcast takes place in the High Band and UHF spectrum today. That digital signal is much more resistant to CB interference.

good to know!

Why not go to harbor freight buy 4 big suction cups,attatch to a plate of aluminum or steel and put a stud in middle .install a good trucker antenna wilson or other popular antenna or a sirrio antenna?

I rv a bunch, and I know spaces are tight. Definitely go verticle. Paint the So I to match the surroundings with a Non-Metallic paint. I did my Imax that way. Maybe a hitch mounted antenna, or mount to the rear ladder if you have one.
There are a lot of people in campgrounds who still use their installed T.V Antennas instead of using cable offered by most rv parks. You might piss some folks off if you hit the 955 to hard or to long . My 955 used to light up the wife's China cabinets interior lights from 80 feet away. Hahaha. At least we lived on acreage at the time:).

I was actually thinking of putting an a99 in a tree myself. What's best way to get it up there? Thanks and don't mean to hijack thread.

Wait ... What ? sp5it how's he going to shoot the clamps & wrenches up there to tighten the brackets on an A-99 ? Works fine for a wire , but ....:whistle:;):) I'm assuming he doesn't want to climb the tree ?

Wait ... What ? Mike how's he going to shoot the clamps & wrenches up there to tighten the brackets on an A-99 ? Works fine for a wire , but ....:whistle:;):) I'm assuming he doesn't want to climb the tree ?
Well and the fact that the sling shot kit is more than the antenna price. I'm thibkthi just using a ladder and taking it up with me as high as I can go. I want to just mount it right against the trunk with some lag bolts.

Reactions: 357magnum
I use to carry a an A-99 when I had my motorhome , I'd mount it to my ladder . Never had a problem chatting Dx or local from the mountains up North .I'd buy an A-99 camouflage it & just be done .jmo ;):)

Yeah. I’m thinking you are right. Did you have it on a small pole attached to the ladder or just directly to the ladder with the U bolts? Also, how long was your coax? I think I’m gonna do it and just see who complains.

Etx , just a short maybe 5' of mast , as for coax , I just used a 50' ( Rg-8x) because I had a coil of it . MH was 36' so there wasn't much waste & yes U bolts . Fogdog I always flew " Old Glory " that went up before the antenna , sometimes no antenna just the flag . 73 & Sempre Fi .;):)

Reactions: hillbilly101

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?