• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

This morning had a quick chat with Larry, 178 up in Washington.
We talked for about 5 min, and the band just closed.
Literally we were talking and I unkeyed and he was gone, replaced by static.
After that nothing else all day.

Jeff

I live in rural area have not heard a soul in days?
I'm new to the base station thing. 3 days ago, my 4th DX contact ever was in Southern California. I'm in NW Florida. I've got a Galaxy DX959, a cheap BJ $75 amp and a home made antenna out of scrap aluminum and copper wire. I'm hooked.
And yes, the past 3 days have been very quiet here too. I blame the bad weather every day lately.

Wow the band went wide open here just as the sun went down.
New Zealand, Australia and Hawaii was a pile-up.
Then it went short about 9 pm pacific, from Mount Bullion I talked to San Ramone, Pleasanton, Santa Cruz mountains, and a mobile in So-cal.
Gray-line was great this evening.
Hoping it will open back up early in the morning as the sun is coming up, got to set the Alarm lol.

Jeff

Absolutely nothing at all here in this part of the world, it's dead!
At least I know I'm not missing anything, working on my Birthday cooking lots of Hot&Fresh French Fries,it's been busy at Five Guys Burgers with the Student Move in Weekend at Penn State University in State College, hopefully later Conditions will pick up some so I can work some DX later tonight, have a great weekend ahead to all of Radio Friends out there!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated