• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Good Contacts tonight with 223 British Columbia and 789 Northern Idaho, Conditions were pretty stable this afternoon for a bit and this evening,and as I write this,.385 is still pretty busy up here in Central Pennsylvania,oh jeepers Skybummer decided he had to make his presence just now,oh well,hope all of my Radio Friends have a good night and a Blessed week ahead!!

This morning Europe is booming into Delaware! Contact with England and Italy, hear lots of German stations too. Get it while its hot!

Ps. This RCI-2950DX 6 is kicking butt, thanks again Bobby!
That RCI 2950 DX 6 sounds like the mobile version of the RCI 2995DXCF Base that I have, would I be correct in that assumption?????

Yesterday morning I made several contacts with Nova Scotia. Mexican roar took over and ended that. The same evening about 15 minutes after sundown I made contact with San Diego. Rare west coast skip for me but it kept building and I kept talking. Was a dotted line from San Diego to Seattle 30 minutes later. Tonight it was dead but suddenly I hear voices on 22 AM. Talked to tons of locals in S.Carolina. Skip moved me from one group to the next. No other channels active. And could only hear and talk to each local group as the skip moved. Had a blast with the old Cobra 2000. Skip like that don’t happen often.

That RCI 2950 DX 6 sounds like the mobile version of the RCI 2995DXCF Base that I have, would I be correct in that assumption?????
I believe they are basically the same thing. The VFO mode sure is nice to dial up and down the side band channels. Then go up to 10 meters and listen for a while, then back to 555 etc. no menu digging no mode changes, just go. Lots better than the Stryker 955 in that regard.

I believe they are basically the same thing. The VFO mode sure is nice to dial up and down the side band channels. Then go up to 10 meters and listen for a while, then back to 555 etc. no menu digging no mode changes, just go. Lots better than the Stryker 955 in that regard.
I thought it was,and yes the VFO is great on SSB,Rock Solid stability also which is a plus,I don't like menu driven radios,but I fear that's the future of CBs and ham radio going forward,I say keep it Solid and Simple!!

The 185 skip has been rolling all day long but no ssb for me today. Stuck in Dodge City for the night.......
marshall dillion n festus might visit you there. ever see the old west setting in downtown?
ive unloaded lots of soybean meal there for feedlots

Reactions: Eldorado828

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.