1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

11 meter is very quiet?

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by Tweetybird, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

Maybe a bad cap?

2. Blackcat630

Blackcat630 Sr. Member

Yup.. 11 meter conditions have alot more to do with solar weather than our actual weather systems moving through. The summer time sporadic E is winding down now.. unfortunately. 10 has been pretty dead as well.

Being at the bottom of the solar cycle is a bummer.. makes one appreciate the once in a while openings on 10/11 a lot more. When the cycle is up and dx is rolling day in and day out we tend to take it for granted.

3. Unit 75

Unit 75 "TRAINMAN"

Just spoke to west Texas, California and Lawrenceburg NM. Skip was in there for about 45 mins :)

Rwb, Shadetree Mechanic and 357magnum like this.
  4. Shadetree Mechanic

You can say that again, a few years ago when the conditions were good I got into CB and I thought it was normal. I remember as a kid in the 70s there was always a bunch of people on every channel. Now it's gone, and not coming back anytime soon....... But it WILL come back, right? Just like it always does?

Slowmover, Rwb and 357magnum like this.
  5. Shadetree Mechanic

I just heard JoJo in the Bam on ch22, have you heard of him and is he anywhere near you?

Rwb and 357magnum like this.
  6. Tweetybird

Tweetybird Well-Known Member

Yea not as quiet as I thought ,radio is messed up.the other one work good

Rwb likes this.
  7. Blackcat630

Blackcat630 Sr. Member

Sunspot_Numbers.png
    It will come back hopefully unless we are entering a maunder minimum

8. Unit 75

Unit 75 "TRAINMAN"

Don't think I have heard of him. There are a lot of big radio's coming out of the Bam. The funniest thing is they run all that power to talk on down the street..lol. No matter what, that box has got to be on. :)

9. 357magnum

357magnum Sr. Member

I been doing this quite a few years now ( 50 ) Sure was nice keying up sometimes & chatting over sea's for hours like I was chatting 1 mile down the street . I made quite a few friends , thankfully last cycle I had a PC & still am able to keep touch w/ a few in England & Ireland . Hopefully those day's will come back soon !:whistle::D Leave the driveway & chat w/ my friend John Mc Shane (303 ) in North Ireland . I still chat Am every now & again but I miss my across the pond Dx .:)

Unit 194, fogdog, S&W357 and 4 others like this.
  10. Rick330man

Rick330man WDX 404

That chart explains a lot. No wonder they didn't talk any skip in the 1650s!

WECSOG, Slowmover, Unit 194 and 4 others like this.
  11. 357magnum

357magnum Sr. Member

Rick , Yup ..... That's the reason all right ! That & them damn wooden boats weren't much of a GP . :whistle::confused::rolleyes:o_O:LOL:

WECSOG, Slowmover, Rwb and 2 others like this.
  12. fogdog

fogdog Sr. Member

Get on 75 meters, and never be lonely again. I'm amazed how much traffic is on 75 meters. In the afternoon or evening just barely turning the VFO you will go right over 3 or 4 conversations.

357magnum, WECSOG, Rwb and 1 other person like this.
  13. Shadetree Mechanic

I like listening to the big AM stations on my grandfather's Hammerlund. Time to get my ticket for sure!

14. BJ radionut

BJ radionut Supporting Member and 6m addict

15. Unit 75

Unit 75 "TRAINMAN"

38 LSB opened up this afternoon. New York, Ohio, Michigan were booming in from the north. Then Texas and California rolled in from the west. Made a lot of contacts this afternoon....didn't get much work done though...lol

Rwb, 357magnum and Shadetree Mechanic like this.