• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

solar101vhfpic.php
Yup.. 11 meter conditions have alot more to do with solar weather than our actual weather systems moving through. The summer time sporadic E is winding down now.. unfortunately. 10 has been pretty dead as well.

Being at the bottom of the solar cycle is a bummer.. makes one appreciate the once in a while openings on 10/11 a lot more. When the cycle is up and dx is rolling day in and day out we tend to take it for granted.

Yup.. 11 meter conditions have alot more to do with solar weather than our actual weather systems moving through. The summer time sporadic E is winding down now.. unfortunately. 10 has been pretty dead as well.

Being at the bottom of the solar cycle is a bummer.. makes one appreciate the once in a while openings on 10/11 a lot more. When the cycle is up and dx is rolling day in and day out we tend to take it for granted.
You can say that again, a few years ago when the conditions were good I got into CB and I thought it was normal. I remember as a kid in the 70s there was always a bunch of people on every channel. Now it's gone, and not coming back anytime soon....... But it WILL come back, right? Just like it always does?

I been doing this quite a few years now ( 50 ) Sure was nice keying up sometimes & chatting over sea's for hours like I was chatting 1 mile down the street . I made quite a few friends , thankfully last cycle I had a PC & still am able to keep touch w/ a few in England & Ireland . Hopefully those day's will come back soon !:whistle::D Leave the driveway & chat w/ my friend John Mc Shane (303 ) in North Ireland . I still chat Am every now & again but I miss my across the pond Dx .:)

You can say that again, a few years ago when the conditions were good I got into CB and I thought it was normal. I remember as a kid in the 70s there was always a bunch of people on every channel. Now it's gone, and not coming back anytime soon....... But it WILL come back, right? Just like it always does?
Get on 75 meters, and never be lonely again. I'm amazed how much traffic is on 75 meters. In the afternoon or evening just barely turning the VFO you will go right over 3 or 4 conversations.

Get on 75 meters, and never be lonely again. I'm amazed how much traffic is on 75 meters. In the afternoon or evening just barely turning the VFO you will go right over 3 or 4 conversations.
I like listening to the big AM stations on my grandfather's Hammerlund. Time to get my ticket for sure!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated