• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Was able to make contact with North Carolina and Tennessee yesterday,DX Conditions were pretty decent for awhile up here in Central Pennsylvania, haven't made any contacts on 16 LSB, always seems like the conditions are up and down lately,will keep trying every Sunday afternoon however...........

73's
I'm glad you're getting in some good radio time, my friend. Conditions here are pretty much non-existent. I hear some chatter on and off but nothing more. I know it will get better, I'll just have to wait it out. :cool:

Reactions: whiteastro
Well made my first ever DX contact to Georgia on my Lincoln II+ after dialing it in with my Dosy TFC-3001-S to make sure it was spitting out 27.3850 and was told it sounded good. Now I have to figure out how to set-up my UV-5R to monitor the GMRS channels since I unlocked it the other day. Oh yes by the way does anyone know what pot it is to turn down the dead key on the Lincoln II+ so I can use my KL-503 with it? The RF power is too high on the low end.

I'm getting closer fellas, garage bench almost all the way set up, inside station setup with coax run to the antenna placement but the rain won't give a break to get the mast up for the antler.... I'm closer to some DX than I was yesterday! This is just initial setup as we know it never stays the same.

20230603_211158.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone else noticed the area of your DX receive has changed. When I do receive DX now it seems to come more from the south east USA and no more Texas and west of me. And no more all day skip.

Has anyone else noticed the area of your DX receive has changed. When I do receive DX now it seems to come more from the south east USA and no more Texas and west of me. And no more all day skip.
Yeah, I had great skip for months, now it's very inconsistent in the past month or so.

I haven't been hearing much or even getting out whenever I do hear someone. In the past 4 days I've made 4 contacts. Southern Cali, Alabama, Hawaii and Illinois. Man, the guy in Hawaii was blasting my speakers!! So yeah, we're in a bit of a dry spell now, but I believe conditions will change. Hopefully for the better!
Edit...
And I almost forgot. Yesterday early evening, Italy was booming in on lsb 34! They were coming in loud and clear for about 45 minutes.
Strange times....

Last edited:
I haven't been hearing much or even getting out whenever I do hear someone. In the past 4 days I've made 4 contacts. Southern Cali, Alabama, Hawaii and Illinois. Man, the guy in Hawaii was blasting my speakers!! So yeah, we're in a bit of a dry spell now, but I believe conditions will change. Hopefully for the better!
Edit...
And I almost forgot. Yesterday early evening, Italy was booming in on lsb 34! They were coming in loud and clear for about 45 minutes.
Strange times....
I heard Italy as well. Also heard people on 25 lsb, almost sounded Russian, I am not sure.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.