• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

I heard a lot going on but couldn't seem to get out. But this was earlier. The one qso I had was at 7:25 this evening. It was the same one I had yesterday. 200 Australia (Ray). We're going to try to make it 3 days in a row tomorrow evening. Man, we seem to have a pipeline between us.

I'm glad you're back in the game @Eldorado828
This weekend of radio wasn't a total bust for me. I did make a few contacts on LSB 16, which was a very nice surprise, and a few on the uppers. But as it happens, my goal turned out to be how many days in a row 200 (Ray) in Australia, and myself, could QSO. And it turns out, that was 3 days in a row. We thought about trying for more but he had been sick for a few weeks, and missing work (winter down there) and had to get back Monday. The first contact was made using the RM503 HD and Galaxy 2547, and the last two were with the Stryker 955.

Much like @AmericanEagle575 . Conditions for us here in west Texas seem to be slowly returning.

Last edited:
An outstanding qso day so far here in the panhandle of Texas. It started with some unusual short skip qso to Tyler Tx, Dallas Tx, Tulsa Oklahoma and Springfield Missouri before it turned around to Unit 1 Jamaica, 311 Alabama, Arizona, California with every single contact clear as day. Now using the CRT 7900V and she's working well.

This has been a much needed DX fix!

Hope to catch some of you gents on the air while mother nature works with us.

Was a good DX day no doubt, then severe weather moved in with tornado warnings and such. Little town just northeast of me got destroyed by a Nader Thursday night so all equipped is unhooked now with attention to the weather radar.

Hope I wasn't the only one here with good conditions today.
Condition were real spotty here today. only good for short periods.

Had a little over an hour driving time to play on 38 LSB today. I could hear "Number 1 Equalizer" out of Trinidad and couple of Australian stations. US stations were scattered but seemed to be south and east of me, mostly FL and TX. Signals were in and out the entire time. Called CQDX several times using my "WDX-86" call, no contacts made although I thought I head one station try to come back to me.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.