• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Skip has dropped off here on sideband, hearing better on am right now, will check in later in the day , often get it back on around 4 or 5

Reactions: 357magnum
no skip here today. Set up a young lad today with a free set up for his car. Had a great chat with a little net we have here every night at 8, on channel 21. Pair of old fellas been on for 40 years, let me in there group, I get on at the start,say hello, then let them have a chat, then drop round at the end of their chat, and usually one of them stays around for a few mins; to chat with me. I am very respectful to give them there time, you can tell they have been doing this for decades, and I don't want to intrude. Really nice. I think they also enjoy a new voice in the mix as well. What radio is all about. I would not trade this for the world.

Evidently, it's been pretty quiet here also. (south of the Mason Dixon line) It will start rolling shortly, like it always has in the fall. Y'all just need to give it some time :)
I don't know how long it's been since I heard west coast skip. I always monitor 38LSB when I'm working in the shop....so gimmie a call when it starts to roll!
75 Sweet Home Alabama :)

Listening to several different SDR sites around the US this summer I've found that the North / North Mid-West is active thru to New England due to frontal conditions moving West-to-East. Once the system passes, the SDR's are silent (except for local stuff). Once May comes around these systems rarely (if ever) make it down to the Houston area so there is not a lot to listen to. On one hand I would like to be up in those areas, on the other hand, I'm content not having the Tornado danger. :unsure:

Reactions: Rwb and 357magnum
solar101vhfpic.php

It has been just about dead quiet in Miami, where I came to ride out the recent hurricane threats. However, there was bunch of skip coming in today (September 13th) on AM 9, where a group of locals were communicating in Spanish with a few stations down in Puerto Rico. There was also a little bit of skip rolling in on AM 6, where I heard some guy saying he was in North Carolina. Let's see if the change of seasons brings us a change of fortunes.

That said, these conditions actually serve us well in the lower Keys. They allow great distances for house to boat communications - a big plus in a area where you lose cell phone coverage heading just a few miles out over the water.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated