• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Ralph , now that's some coffee ! Dan , My mod is like the one W2 sells on Ebay ( I think ) from what Op's say it works well , added some Bass to that thing , almost sounds like my SSK with more punch ! I finally got it set where they say " Don't touch it " & I am loud ! Just need to wait for my next Video gate to see if it impresses me .:whistle:;):D

Ralph , now that's some coffee ! Dan , My mod is like the one W2 sells on Ebay ( I think ) from what Op's say it works well , added some Bass to that thing , almost sounds like my SSK with more punch ! I finally got it set where they say " Don't touch it " & I am loud ! Just need to wait for my next Video gate to see if it impresses me .:whistle:;):D

Good deal. Hopefully I’ll hear you out there soon!

Reactions: 357magnum
We had a nice opening this afternoon from about 4:15P.M. to 5:30P.M. or so eastern. I made contact with 2 stations in the Tallahassee area, one in Panama City, one in north east Georgia and another in Central Georgia. As time went on, the closer DX faded and you could start to hear stations from points further north: Indiana, Kentucky and Illinois.

Not bad for a barefoot, 38 year old Realistic TRC 490 feeding a Workman hub based, unity gain Starduster copy.

I got back in the truck from strapping down a load and heard some guys talking on 38lsb. I thought they were close by to me, close to Lafayette, La. But found out they were in North Carolina. I was only able to make about 5 contacts today. All to North or South Carolina. That's was using my mid 80's Uniden Grant. I was really surprised I got a response on channel 28.

And yesterday was so open no one had time to mention visit the internet... I didn’t turn my radio on until after 2 PM, and then It was every channel sounded like the Super Bowl until we’ll after dark here in South Carolina. Barefoot, mobile and novice, I didn’t even key a my mike. Amazing anyone can get anything done when it’s like that! I heard NC and SC making contacts in FL, AL, LA, TX, OH, IL, Montana?!, Ontario.

And yesterday was so open no one had time to mention visit the internet... I didn’t turn my radio on until after 2 PM, and then It was every channel sounded like the Super Bowl until we’ll after dark here in South Carolina. Barefoot, mobile and novice, I didn’t even key a my mike. Amazing anyone can get anything done when it’s like that! I heard NC and SC making contacts in FL, AL, LA, TX, OH, IL, Montana?!, Ontario.
Welcome!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.