• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Short skip since a few days in EU. Big signals on SSB ad FM.
Before dusk some SA traffic. Chile, Paraguay, Brasil and so on.
tis very interesting isnt it ?

Talked to my pal and forum member Leo (357magnum) on 21 AM then moved to .375 LSB.

That started out by a guy local to me in NC sending me a text saying “Skip guys in Rhode Island on 21 AM are calling for you big time”.
Yes Sir ! I chatted with my Big Brother Ralph the other day .:) Conditions were right , couldn't find him so I dropped the Maul & asked if anyone knew him . Op came back from NC , got in touch with Ralph & we had a nice QSO .(y):) Dx has been wild lately on my end after a dry spell & Iv'e chatted a lot . But nothing means more to me then chatting with another WWDX member. (y) Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless ! Leo

Lots of Italian, Spanish, German, Russians blasting in this side of the pond today. Talked to Germany for a few minutes coming in very strong and then the groundwave came in and swallowed him up. Talk about fade away and radiate!! Unusually got a contact into Eastbourne in the UK for five minutes and then we both got swallowed up in the groundwave swell. We're beside the UK and its very hard to get any contacts with the cb'ers over there at the best of times. Maybe things are improving skip wise. On Saturday night last I heard more people on the air on ssb than in a long time. Lots of old school cb'ers returning to the hobby from a hiatus of 20 years or more. Its cool for cats!!!

Lots of Italian, Spanish, German, Russians blasting in this side of the pond today. Talked to Germany for a few minutes coming in very strong and then the groundwave came in and swallowed him up. Talk about fade away and radiate!! Unusually got a contact into Eastbourne in the UK for five minutes and then we both got swallowed up in the groundwave swell. We're beside the UK and its very hard to get any contacts with the cb'ers over there at the best of times. Maybe things are improving skip wise. On Saturday night last I heard more people on the air on ssb than in a long time. Lots of old school cb'ers returning to the hobby from a hiatus of 20 years or more. Its cool for cats!!!

Last night (Sunday) LSB38 was so hot, it was pretty much impossible to get a word in. So no DX confirmed, but im sure someone was trying to get back at me just didnt hear them in the scamble.

Re old time CBs getting back - Yes, thats me! More like a 27 year hiatus though! Funny enough when I heard out of state calls as a kid, I never knew what was happening and now its 100x more fascinating that I have SOME understanding on whats happening re skip.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.