• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Last night around 6pm, I heard "Cleaner is Meaner," saying he was coming from the New Mexico desert. He was coming in clear in Pittsburgh area on Channel 19.

Cool, I heard someone saying he was in a desert (I am in Canada,, NO deserts here).
I also thought it was odd that I was getting skip when it is lightly raining here.

SFI 105 today, 10 meter bagged Australia again, China, Thailand, Marocco, Indonesia, Japan,Middle east EU, All 100 watt digital on the Imax 2K.
Rest of the bands decent open, nothing spectacular though but decent conditions.
Just quit on 20 meter With KD6WW other side of the USA from the Netherlands.
10 and 11 more open now as many think..... use it ;)

Real glad to know there are great dx conditions out there. I had to quickly change semis again. This truck is not set up for a radio so I am out here driving nekked. Really sucks. There is nobody to tell me to shut up when I whisper "I ain't got no panties on" :LOL:

At least I had some good contacts from the house Sunday. And from the mobile as well!

I really miss having my cb. I always ran one out here on the road for over twenty years. Feels strange without it for sure.

Real glad to know there are great dx conditions out there. I had to quickly change semis again. This truck is not set up for a radio so I am out here driving nekked. Really sucks. There is nobody to tell me to shut up when I whisper "I ain't got no panties on" :LOL:

At least I had some good contacts from the house Sunday. And from the mobile as well!

I really miss having my cb. I always ran one out here on the road for over twenty years. Feels strange without it for sure.

It's awful isn't it, sure makes a guy feel lost... almost feel like being in isolation without being isolated.

Yea
It's awful isn't it, sure makes a guy feel lost... almost feel like being in isolation without being isolated.

Yup! I found myself reaching for the microphone a few times today when traffic would slow down or just wanting too hear what was going around me.

Of course I have the am/fm to listen to plus podcast and music from my phone but there is something about interacting with people on the cb that makes it a lot easier out on the road. It does make me feel isolated.

Hopefully next week I will be back in my normal semi.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.