• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

For those of you that can't understand the previous post about "that guy", we may not make it to see page 398........... please go to:
Where CK shuts it down, and many others. Just like the one recently that he or one of the moderators shut down. Warnings have been posted (even with a countdown) by others, but some people just don't know why or want to know.

Last edited:
Last Sunday Sept. 25 was crazy, 10 watts Uniden 980SSB into a 4ft base-loaded whip on a trunk-lip mount. Worked Michigan upper peninsula, Chicago, St. Louis, northern Alabama, and the Big Island of Hawaii among others from the vehicle here in the desert southwest. Had to stay off 38 LSB and go with 36, 37, 39, 40.

I'm hearing east coast stations trying to work Europe on 37 & 39 this morning 9am Mountain time Sat. Oct. 1.

Last edited:
Not much for conditions here in the last several days. If I could get motivated enough, it could be a good time to swap the vertical for the starduster for when the band opens back up.

All week while at work and hearing am skip, all these ideas bounce around in my head. Then....

Am finally home and just don't want to get into the labor :LOL:. So maybe the band will just open up instead.

Last edited:
You talking about that schizo Mudduck/harddrive jamming 19? He has been solid in to Connecticut lately in the morning and afternoon.

Still working on getting some FM contacts on 26.805. I hear someone with a roger beep that sounds like a subway door chime but never make the contact.
Yea, that's the guy. If he would only go "back to the bench" as he says he was, that would be OK. Thirty seconds of him and I'm gone. But there is that Boston Radio guy who does his share of tormenting the channels. Again, I just change the channel. Both of those guys come in very strong up here in Central NY.

I re-cut the 80m doublet the other weekend for 75m phone, put a 1:1 current balun at the feed and replaced the ladder line with 75 ft of RG-213. This was to optimize for the local 75m phone net here in New Mexico.

Haven't tried the re-cut antenna on 11 meters until today, got the Uniden 980 out of the vehicle and put the LDG AT-200 Pro II auto-tuner inline (it will tune with a 4 watt AM carrier from the Uniden). At 116ft the dipole has multiple lobes at 27.385 MHz, but there must be one pointing at the northeast, because I heard Maine, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York, Ontario province, Nova Scotia, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland & Delaware all day long at S1 to S3 levels while tinkering with a VHF antenna. Worked Rochester, NY and London, ONT when they came in at S5.

Last edited:
Made contact with 75 Charlie Bravo out of Jamaica Sat evening, station was coming around in 5-7 pretty strong for a few mins,then just disappeared, really haven't been on the radio much last week between work, taking care of Dad and getting over pneumonia,but thing's are moving in the right direction, hope all of my radio friends have a great day today and God Bless you all,Let's all remember to keep Florida in our Thoughts and Prayers as they start there recovery,i fear we have not seen the worst damage yet to come,its going to be a long road back for them all!!!!!

Made contact with 75 Charlie Bravo out of Jamaica Sat evening, station was coming around in 5-7 pretty strong for a few mins,then just disappeared, really haven't been on the radio much last week between work, taking care of Dad and getting over pneumonia,but thing's are moving in the right direction, hope all of my radio friends have a great day today and God Bless you all,Let's all remember to keep Florida in our Thoughts and Prayers as they start there recovery,i fear we have not seen the worst damage yet to come,its going to be a long road back for them all!!!!!
Been hearing a lot of Jamaica lately!

All I've been able to hear on 38 LSB is what I would describe as "powerline buzz" around the house. On the road, I heard a few in Canada but couldn't reach them. The Yankee states (affectionally) however were hammering on 19 and 22 all day. There were a couple of really good sounding stations that sounded like they were right beside me in the mix.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated