• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Some great dx again today. I had my first ever contact to France with Nicholas. He was hitting me with a solid S5. Plenty of contacts stateside from all over again. I heard Kate in the UK but never got a chance to try to contact her.

38 was a cluster so I didn't hang on there for long. Tomorrow I am going to try to find some UK stations working FM.

On October 9th, this past Sunday, Europe was rolling in strong 11 meter lower sideband. Made contacts in Ireland, lots of UK, and one in West Germany. Could hear a Netherlands station, but could not make contact on my ground plane.

All in all it was a glorious day for me and my Cobra 142 GTL. I was testing a K-PO NM-532 microphone wired four pin. Then I was using a 5 to 4 pin adapter. It was working great.

I've been getting So Cal every time I play on 11 meters. Not going to lie I have been neglecting it as I have been playing on 10 meters. Way more organized and can learn more there lol.
Excuuuussseeee me. My radio doesn’t go that high. LOL I will remain with the working stiff on 11m. Ya man come on down!!

Excuuuussseeee me. My radio doesn’t go that high. LOL I will remain with the working stiff on 11m. Ya man come on down!!
I bounce back and fourth. I have learned my radio talks further than I thought. I have learned theres a lot on 11 that just likes to ignore you. As soon as I got o 10 my mind was blew at how far I could actually talk.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.