• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

I've got noise from all over today. The big stations are dominating the frequency. Still have the adolescents out there raising hate and discontent.
And a few of those big stations key up and call CQ right on top of a station they just finished a QSO with after that station has initiated a contact with someone else. Wrecks a lot of contacts, I hear it often.

Lots of S4 atmospheric noise/hiss this morning. I hear 002 on 36L in UK just getting over it. Not even going to try.

The sun is pretty quiet right now. The flares from the last couple weeks has rotated away. Large spot lower right.
This morning the background static is running s 3-4 even when I was mobile up on Mount Bullion.
Generally it is quite up there away from everything.

Jeff

Only one contact today with 2 world radio 790 in Pennsylvania, conditions were not in my favor apparently, gave up after that. I plan on getting 4 more 102 whips to replace the Wilson's I'm using for ground radials, upgrading my coax and hooking up the Eagle 500 Amp. Maybe I can bust through some of the pile ups a little easier then.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I haven't been trying to talk too much dx the last few days. I have been in a listening to music mood. I have quite a few playlist and have been really enjoying them. However i still check the old walkie talkie too hear what is going on.

I like to listen to 27.555 USB to try to make contact after a QSY to quieter frequencies.
Anyway, this morning I heard a station in Germany talking to somebody that I could not hear. After they were finished I called out and the guy in Germany came back to me. I had a good copy on him. But I was difficult on his end but we talked for a couple of minutes. So that was exciting talking to Germany for the first time.

I was running a barefoot 955 and a 4 foot Firestik. I was down at the bottom of Louisiana around Port Fourchon. The contact was made on 27.612 USB. Gotta love freeband. 38 is just too much nonsense sometimes although it can be entertaining at times. You just never know what you might hear.

Last edited:
Just to let you know I received my Lincoln II+ today and I'm not a real happy camper. It appears as if this one is related to my first McKinley and Off Frequency and looks like tomorrow I have to start dealing with the President repair system Again. I give up, it is unbelievable, I might just pull the plug on this hobby if all it is is aggravation.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated