• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

the little town i went to school was hit hard 3 weeks ago.it was open prarie so settlers planted oak trees. almost every house in town had at least 1 huge oak 3to 5 feet across.id say 5 to 10 percent are damage free,prolly 20 percent can be trimmed up n saved/ the rest are laid over.

Well I had a nice surprise this morning. I was up and ready for work, I had my tablet on and catching up on the news. I turned the radio on and heard nothing but the hisss of nothingness. About 10 seconds later I hear someone calling for 226.
Ha! :giggle: It was @codeman. He was hauling a load that took him through San Angelo. We had a nice qso while he was in range. He was sounding choice on that Stryker! What a nice surprise, brother! Thanks, and be safe out there!

Well I had a nice surprise this morning. I was up and ready for work, I had my tablet on and catching up on the news. I turned the radio on and heard nothing but the hisss of nothingness. About 10 seconds later I hear someone calling for 226.
Ha! :giggle: It was @codeman. He was hauling a load that took him through San Angelo. We had a nice qso while he was in range. He was sounding choice on that Stryker! What a nice surprise, brother! Thanks, and be safe out there!
It was nice talking with you this morning. For some reason the antenna on my semi does not perform as well as I did on my last truck even though they are the same model. Just running a 4 foot Firestik. Maybe it's time for an upgrade.
You were sounding great on my end as well!

Attachments

• 20230424_141823.jpg
    20230424_141823.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
It was nice talking with you this morning. For some reason the antenna on my semi does not perform as well as I did on my last truck even though they are the same model. Just running a 4 foot Firestik. Maybe it's time for an upgrade.
You were sounding great on my end as well!
Nice rig!
Yeah, that HC route takes you out and around the city quite a bit. I think if we would have gave it five or ten more minutes, you may have gotten back in range before heading out on 87 to Midland.
It was definitely a great surprise! Thank for given me a shout!

Haven't had much time for radio because been running to hospital and nursing home due to elderly family member problems. Even had to dismount my Tram 3500 from my car to park in the parking garage at the hospital so can't even listen. This too Shall Pass ! LOL

Europe is rolling in fairly well right now on LSB 38. I just had a 10 minute qso with number 2 in Italy. We moved down to 37 to finish up, then conditions started changing.
I'm also currently hearing Australia and New Zealand.
Edit: 444 Sydney Australia
Conditions have been in and out. I just happened to be on at the right time. It's fading now....

Last edited:
Thursday was active, heard Ontario, New York Staten Island, Boston, Indiana, Florida, South Carolina, Georgia, New Jersey, and Hawaii on 37 & 38 LSB coming into the desert southwest when mobile on interstate 40. No real contacts with only 10W into a NMO-27 whip. Can't bust through that pile-up with the Uniden 980SSB. Couple of half-contacts with Indiana and Boston.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.