Sounds like me because I live alone & have to do everything myself so to many projects. But some times you find satisfaction when you work close to the radio and can listen. But not complaining because the trade off is I don't listen to a Nag ! LOLI had the garage radio on today while I did work out there most of the day and the band was alive and well. I didn't have time to key down but hearing it active was music to my ears.
Never heard of the delta loop antenna so checked it out on the internet and sounds like a Ham antenna but can it be used on 11 meter also ?A fantastic couple weeks for me for DX! I had 271DA/0 in the Republic of Nauru at the end of September, and a few minutes ago I made contact with Peter 144AT/DX on Easter Island. 27.510 USB with just 65 watts and my delta loop. Country number 92 for me.....Only 8 more to go to reach 100. Exciting moments in radio!
Absolutely. Mine has been my primary DX antenna ever since I put it up. It massively outperforms my Antron-99 on DX contacts. Needs to be up nice and high to work properly. The horizontal top of mine is around 35 feet above ground.Never heard of the delta loop antenna so checked it out on the internet and sounds like a Ham antenna but can it be used on 11 meter also ?
What I found interesting is it was said they are more quite then other antennas but is it directional and need a rotor ? You have any links on making one for 11 meter ? Thanks I always like to learn new things.Absolutely. Mine has been my primary DX antenna ever since I put it up. It massively outperforms my Antron-99 on DX contacts. Needs to be up nice and high to work properly. The horizontal top of mine is around 35 feet above ground.
It is somewhat directional off the sides of the horizontal part, but not as directional as I thought it would be. No rotor.....I have it strung between two fir trees. It is indeed a very quiet antenna, especially compared to my A99.What I found interesting is it was said they are more quite then other antennas but is it directional and need a rotor ? You have any links on making one for 11 meter ?
There are some other "808" stations, so it's quite possible. Maybe when we made contact yesterday, he thought you were talking to him?Out in the garage again today while doing some work and thought I'd call out on an experimental radio that I've concocted. Did some good when I got a call back from 808 in the mobile to which we had a short qso because conditions weren't all that great.
So I thought it was Chris @Shadetree Mechanic but it through me off when I believe he said North Carolina. Was that you Chris? I think so because it did sound like you but your qth was off.
www.chincoteague.com

Ok I was pretty sure that was you. The q6 pro in the mobile was working great and I was pretty excited when I heard you calling back, really cool. I guess that could have been a completely different conversation getting mixed into ours or something as you were signing off.There are some other "808" stations, so it's quite possible. Maybe when we made contact yesterday, he thought you were talking to him?
Anyway, it was great talking to you yesterday. I was on my lunch break, in the parking lot, listening to the radio in my truck. I had just turned the radio on in time to catch you standing by. Conditions were in and out, and garbled mess, but you came in over the top every time.
I will be listening on and off though the weekend, from the island of Chincateauge Virginia. I am taking my wife for the weekend on our 22nd wedding anniversary. Just so happens to be the same weekend as the annual oyster festival. If you have never had raw oysters, you don't know what you are missing.
![]()
Events
www.chincoteague.com
The pony swim gets all the attention, but the oyster festival is where it's at.
View attachment 77946