• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Amplifier recommendations.

Yes, just a couple weeks ago.

Last DX 500 was purchased 4/18/2018. I would not hesitate to purchase another one from them today. In fact I’m considering the DX350 with toshiba’s.
Ok thank you. I guess its good then. It was only one, and I searched all their reviews. Finally. Feel better now that Im getting a 500 thats a 500 LOL. My other one although was like 15 years old and did great, as I was told here and elsewhere when it blew it was a DX400 kinda converted to a DX500. Tax time im getting the 1600 before they disappear too.

Last edited:
I think the LDMOS amplifiers will eventually take over as they are much less complicated to build and they pump out huge power. Also they run at around 50V so switchmode power supplies are also much cheaper than trying to make a huge 13.8V beast that runs at several hundred amps.

complete.jpg

Reactions: 530 and 2NC995
I noticed that Copper has two different listings for the Texas Star 350.

https://www.copperelectronics.com/cart/CW-Amps/Texas-Star-DX350THDV

https://www.copperelectronics.com/cart/CW-Amps/Amps/Texas-Star-DX-350HDV-Mobile

If they actually found some NOS units sitting around with Toshiba finals that is not a bad price really for 349. Years ago they used to charge extra to convert them, after reading this thread it appears they ship converted for the listed price. Not bad.

I noticed this a while ago...after thinking on it, I suspect it’s probably an artifact on their site.

Someone just needs to order one and see...haha.

I noticed this a while ago...after thinking on it, I suspect it’s probably an artifact on their site.

Someone just needs to order one and see...haha.

they added the Toshiba option on there page in the spring if I recall. So maybe. That or they add in Toshibas like Jokerman does. And yes I confirmed with them that they are still ready to go "for hobby or experiment"

Reactions: 530 and 2NC995
they added the Toshiba option on there page in the spring if I recall. So maybe. That or they add in Toshibas like Jokerman does. And yes I confirmed with them that they are still ready to go "for hobby or experiment"

If that’s the case, I think that’s a damn good deal.

Reactions: 530
If the cheaper one has DEI transistors run the other way.

Maybe my thought process isn’t the best, but I think expectations have to be set differently with the DEIs or HGs. I figure with a modest drive level they stand a much better chance of making for the long(er) haul. I see 350-400 watts PEP from my DX500, and that’s enough for me. It takes very little drive to get there...substantially lower than what I usually read posted in various places. Maybe I’ll still smoke them babying them...only time will tell.

This is not to say I wouldn’t buy the Toshibas, or pay more for them...I absolutely would.

Reactions: 530

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated