• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Another Anytone clone from Radioddity Qt-60

sorry i even asked the question. didn't intend to derail this thread so badly. :censored:
I use my AT-5555Nii (QT-60) on 10m and 12m HAM mostly. And I personally find moving in 5kHz steps the BEST way to quickly scan an entire band in SSB mode, without missing anything. I also have a TS-990s and a FTDX10, both set to 5kHz on the course step. Both of these radio's are not expanded or modified - they are HAM only.

I guess 5kHz steps are not just for CB and Export ;) hihi

@Back_Crick_Hobbies did you work out the 5kHz step menu that you originally asked about?

did you work out the 5kHz step menu that you originally asked about?
thanks. no, i have not. the manual says...

Function 6 'Frequency Step' "Note this function is only valid when the channel switch is defined as FREQ."

pressing the FREQ button, and the display showing frequency. pressing up or down on the Mic changes the Channel, not the frequency. pressing the channel dial makes one digit flash. then pressing up or down changes one integer at a time even though 5K Step selected in the menu.

am i doing it wrong? i dunno o_O

thanks. no, i have not. the manual says...

Function 6 'Frequency Step' "Note this function is only valid when the channel switch is defined as FREQ."

pressing the FREQ button, and the display showing frequency. pressing up or down on the Mic changes the Channel, not the frequency. pressing the channel dial makes one digit flash. then pressing up or down changes one integer at a time even though 5K Step selected in the menu.

am i doing it wrong? i dunno o_O
OK, set Menu 13 (FR-CH) to FREQ.

Then set Menu 06 (STEP) to 5k.

Exit the Menu.

Press the FRQ button to put the radio in FREQ mode (otherwise it may be in CH mode).

Rotate the VFO knob, and it will now move in 5kHz steps by default.

A quick press of the VFO knob will toggle and flash the frequency digits to enable changing the 100Hz, 1kHz, 10kHz, 100kHz, 1MHz in increments of 1 (like normal).

Wait a few seconds for this flashing frequency increment mode to time out, and the radio will automatically go back to the 5kHz setting again. (This is very awesome when you get the hang of it).

Let me know how you go.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Back_Crick_Hobbies
@Pez thank you! that did the trick.

annoyingly though it still changes the frequency of the Channel you are on even in Frequency mode (via Menu). while it's nice to be able to program channels without a PC, i wish there were a way to prevent accidental changing of channel frequencies.

thanks again Pez! this will make things much easier for me. :)
/max

Reactions: magnuman and Pez
@Pez thank you! that did the trick.

annoyingly though it still changes the frequency of the Channel you are on even in Frequency mode (via Menu). while it's nice to be able to program channels without a PC, i wish there were a way to prevent accidental changing of channel frequencies.

thanks again Pez! this will make things much easier for me. :)
/max
Good stuff!

Yes, with all Qixiang radios you need to make a choice about what mode to run in... Either CH or FREQ (VFO). And then, you really need to stick with it (or be very diligent) or else the programmed CH frequencies will end up changed when you VFO tune off somewhere else.

FWIW, I never use CH mode.

Also, there is a very good chance that in the near future, Qixiang radios and new firmwares will fix this "issue". (I can't wait to see this happen). It was originally done this way on purpose, but the reality is that it doesn't help 99% of users.

The new method is designed so that if you VFO tune away from a programmed CH, this will only be temporary... So, when you come back to your CH 38, (27.385 LSB) after using VFO mode to move to 24.950 USB, the radio will return the originally programmed CH 38 (27.385 LSB). It won't overwrite it with the last frequency you went to in VFO mode, which is the problem now.

Can I get a "hell yeah"!!?? hihi ;)

Last edited:
right on. i've been using Band K CH40 for VFO. i'm hoping to get a band slot setup with all the "safe" 11 meter channels/modes i use most. without a waterfall it's nice to be able to set the squelch and scan different frequencies AND modes.

a firmware update with that would be shaweet. HELL YEAH!!

/max

Reactions: Pez
Good stuff!

Yes, with all Qixiang radios you need to make a choice about what mode to run in... Either CH or FREQ (VFO). And then, you really need to stick with it (or be very diligent) or else the programmed CH frequencies will end up changed when you VFO tune off somewhere else.

FWIW, I never use CH mode.

Also, there is a very good chance that in the near future, Qixiang radios and new firmwares will fix this "issue". (I can't wait to see this happen). It was originally done this way on purpose, but the reality is that it doesn't help 99% of users.

The new method is designed so that if you VFO tune away from a programmed CH, this will only be temporary... So, when you come back to your CH 38, (27.385 LSB) after using VFO mode to move to 24.950 USB, the radio will return the originally programmed CH 38 (27.385 LSB). It won't overwrite it with the last frequency you went to in VFO mode, which is the problem now.

Can I get a "hell yeah"!!?? hihi ;)

A big Hell yeah from me too!

For all of you sufferers of RAD....

I just stumbled upon this on Amazon. QT-60 $224 bundled with programming cable and a 10% discount code, brings it to $201. Seems cheap to me. I am not affiliated with Radioddity in any way, other than a customer.

It was in stock 10 minutes ago, now showing not.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.