• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Any Computer Savvy Members?

They all die. I would monitor the event logs and see how it goes. Backup important data more frequently.

My gf had the hdd about 3/4 full......when I ran the recovery it took it back to like it was from the factory and cleared the drive of everything...all that is on it now is win 7.....the disk check shows nothing where as it used to stop and crash when I ran it.....runs through it fast n smooth now...same with the disk defrag......but in the diagnostic smart test it fails?

I also cleaned the inside of the pc....she has cats and it had cat hair and dirt plugging the fins on the cpu heat sink n fan....kind of a design flaw to build them like a vacuum cleaner....should at least put the vent at the top of the pc instead of the bottom.

Just run it and keep continuous backups. It's not a huge deal if you stay backed up. My laptop only has a 160gig hd, but it never got above 1/2 full because I kept all my important stuff on flash drives and DVDs (multiples). Then I went to Linux and 160gig is way more than enough with all of the WinBlows crap gone.

Reactions: 1 person
It is important to realize that when the sectors are repaired by the operating system, they are basically been omitted from being read or used to write to. These errors can happen because the spinning disk or the reader head are beginning to show wear. The situation is ready to progress from this point, it doesn't get better; but can only progress to a worse state. You are walking on thin ice with a disk that already tells the operating system that failure is imminent if you plan to build up data on it. Just a 'heads up'.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I ignored a "HDD Failure imminent" warning on my laptop a bit too long. One day i was online and POOF!! Hard drive failure..total and complete. I bought a new HDD and was very lucky that my old disc was still able to be read but was r e a l l y s l o w to copy data from to retrieve my stuff.

Reactions: 1 person
Ok...now I want to take the contents of "my documents" on my old pc and put them on the new pc its 4.14 GB. my old pc has a dvd rw.....but I cannot find the software to copy it to a disk.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated