• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone getting snow?

It snowed here in northern mn two days ago and now we have more coming. We are supposed to get 4 to 5 more inches tomorrow then more on and off the rest of the week. When I go 90 miles south, it is all grass.
My heart goes out to you people I heard something about someplace getting hammer with the white stuff. The weather is getting wild, can't help but wonder what this summer will bring.

Weather is more mild than when I was a kid here. I remember getting up early to go out to the garden and water the tomato plants because we had a late June frost. Was almost guaranteed to be standing in snow and freezing the first day of buck season. I'm like you,I now dream of Arizona in the winter. LOL
I think weather is more mild everywhere, I don't know how y'all survived winter when you were a kid. Down here growing up we would get at least 2 to 3 snow falls of 7 inches or more. I remember walking to school most days and the dew on the grass would be frozen and crunching under our feet. I very seldom see anything like that nowadays, we normally get a few snow falls of an inch to a slight dusting now. When I was a kid you could hang your kill from a tree without the worry of the meat going bad during deer season, don't even think about doing that now!! We had a snow fall of about 13 inches last year, that was the biggest snow we've had in over 30 years!

Reactions: whiteastro
I think weather is more mild everywhere, I don't know how y'all survived winter when you were a kid.
When I was a kid we would get snow the end of November and wouldn't see bare ground until spring unless we got what they called a January Thaw and that was a big deal. I remember one time waiting in the house for the school bus and looked out at the thermometer and it read -30 below and thank God I never seen that again. Can remember shoveling snow drifts higher than I was. But if you think this area is bad I wouldn't live in Buffalo NY for love or money. They get clobbered with Lake Effect snow storms and takes them almost a week to get out. Can't remember exactly but they over 100" a winter. Some of their storms they measure in Feet not Inches. Them people must be half crazy to stay there. They got some real snow removal equipment. Gods I'm talking myself in to Arizona more and more. LOL

My friends and relatives that still live in New York had a surprise of snow this morning. The heavy wet snow most without electricity. Ihave lived in Floriduh since 1983 and I still miss a good old snow storm. lot of fun driving.
I had a Sonar G model CB and used it a few times to call a friend to pull me out. My license was KJI1400 back then.

I'm running off my generator,most around here without power. Heavy wet snow and winds breaking trees and bring lines down. I pity the people who are to cheap or can't afford a generator.

In the summer the guys living in the desert head for the hills. For some reason the wind at 117+ F isn't as cooling as it is at 95 F.
I rode my bike in Cally 110 degrees, just like riding into a furnace duct. As i set here typing both of my knees are aching from running the snow blower this morning. It took me 7 months after last winter to start to be able to walk normal again Arthritis is a bitch in this area !

Reactions: G-Golly Wally

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.