• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone Ares 2

Am, Fm, ssb! Looks like a winner, where can I get one? I hope it has the noise reduction feature.

That looks like a good next radio!

It seems they're going for the kill with the Ranger customer base! Classic look and mo betta than much of what's available from Malaysia or Vietnam these days.

Last edited:
That looks like a good next radio!

It seems they're going for the kill with the Ranger customer base! Classic look and mo betta than much of what's available from Malaysia or Vietnam these days.
Maybe Ranger will jump on the band wagon and have them make a Ranger radio for them? Seems like the obvious next step, unless Ranger has something up there sleeve? Or maybe they will slap a 400w amp on the bottom of this one and call it done.

I'm just going to be the first to ask-
How do you convert it to 11 meters?
Where is the power VR? Mod VR?
Will it really do a 75 watt DK and swing to 400 watts?:eek:
:ROFLMAO:

I think I want one.:unsure:

David
It will be interesting to see how to get into the service menu with no LCD and menu button.

It will be interesting to see how to get into the service menu with no LCD and menu button.
Probably similar software setup as the 447hpc2, I'm willing to bet the same underpinnings as the the 5000 plus, 5555 plus and others like those. Full size export chassis to take on the connex flavors, galaxy 33, general Lee's and such but with ssb that the others can't provide.

I think it an attractive radio from initial looks.

Wow, at that price point, Cobra and Ranger/ Galaxy don't stand a chance. It's the beginning of the end for them. It was a good run though.

If we do a group buy of 50, we can get them customized with WWDX and I will take 4 of them.
That sounds good, I would be on board with that.

From what we've seen ranger do for over a decade now in their own manufacturing, even if they retooled to produce something to take the qixiang bunch, it's too far gone....

It's nice to see anytone pushing out more new radios, it shows ambition.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated