• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone at-5555n II (version 2)

Good god man if you are so unhappy with the radio Sell It. Quit pissing and moaning about it on the forum!!!
I would love to be able to help more, to get to the bottom of the issue SOME people seem to be having.

Call me crazy, but my radio works perfectly, and anyone who bothers to watch my videos can see that for themselves. I mean, it's up against a new FTDX10 and still sounds great!?

If people want to believe something else, then that's fine, I cant stop them, but then it also makes it really hard to help them solve any issues they might be having.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brother DXer
1) I'd like to adjust my S-Meter. I went into the Service Mode to take a look around. Didn't see the proper menu item to adjust the S-Meter. Does anyone know which menu number it is? Every HF radio I've ever owned has had an S-meter adjustment that is obviously adjusted at the factory using a signal generator.

If this radio doesn't HAVE an adjusment for the S-meter, that would mean that it's "built-in" to the firmware of this design, and a truly crappy way of doing it, IMHO. I do realize that if I turn my S-Meter down to zero or 1-S unit (when there's no signal or noise floor), that would mean that a 9 S-unit signal would only show up at around "5".
It has all the adjustment you need. AM FM, and SSB. Both adjustable from S1 to S12.

And even an RFG setting to play with (maybe reduce it and see what happens).

WRITE DOWN YOUR DEFAULT VALUES BEFORE YOU TOUCH ANYTHING! And also, know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you should keep out of this menu.

(NOTE: I have not had to touch these, so you are on your own with how this goes for you).

In the Menu:

CH-40AF RS1
CH-41AF RS3
CH-42AF RS5
CH-43AF RS7
CH-44AF RS9
CH-45AFRS12
CH-46UL RS1
CH-47UL RS3
CH-48UL RS5
CH-49UL RS7
CH-50UL RS9
CH-51ULRS12
CH-52RFG

2) This radio sounds pretty thin on FM. I don't use FM very often, but would still like to make it sound better, if possible. My IC-7610, shows a 12.5 KHz (25 wide) frequency modulated signal. But this little crackerbox only shows half that. So no wonder the FM is sounds lacking.

Is there a way to adjust the FM Deviation in the Service Menu? If I want to use FM, the reason would likely be for local "high quality" audio communications. I'm sure it's an easy adjustment, but since I don't have the Service manual, I don't know which of the many FM adjustments in this Service Menu to go after.
It is supposed to be that way. It's the new EU standard for deviation.

Yes it can be adjusted.

(NOTE: I have not had to touch this, so you are on your own with how this goes for you).

CH-12 FMMOD

Reactions: Brother DXer
3) One last thing. I've seen it discussed in previous pages on this thread, the subject of widening the RX and TX bandpass settings from the factory setting of "450-2,500" on SSB. (2K wide audio may be OK for DX'ing, but pretty tight for most of the communications I engage in. I'm not looking for even 3K wide audio, let alone more than that. Just something more like 2.8 would be great. That's generally what I use, even on rigs I've owned that can do 4K.
I did a post showing my findings a few pages back, even showing the audio spectrum results. It was a quick test, but it might be of interest to you.

Check post #298

Last edited:
Good god man if you are so unhappy with the radio Sell It. Quit pissing and moaning about it on the forum!!!

Seriously?

Well, going back over a few of your other posts around the forum. All questions I may have had about you... Answered... lol.

The very REASON I am asking others about this anomaly in the radio, is because I am trying to (just that) DECIDE, whether I want to return it, or keep it.

If you don't like my method of trying to figure out what others have to say about the issue I am discussing here, then butt the F out, and leave that to ME.

P.S. - You chose the right profession.

Last edited:
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

JD

What is this? Dumb and Dumber? ^^^

Or... Lockstep Louie and the Pied Piper?

I'm not "pissing and moaning", you pompous A-holes. I'm doing EXACTLY what this forum was MADE for. And my topic is perfectly aligned with this thread, where all aspects of the Q5N2 are being discussed.

You guys attack me and insult me, right after I praise the people on this thread, and forum, for their helpfulness?

REALLY?

In case you hadn't noticed, there are other people on this thread who are saying the same thing about their OWN 5555, so this "I smell a rat" nonsense is REALLY off base. I have ZERO ulterior motives, other than gathering information about this radio, and trying to decide whether I wanted to keeep it, or not.

If you have a problem with that, you can truly GFY.

Go get laid, or take a bong hit, or something.

Last edited:
Must work for Ranger :ROFLMAO: hihi

After I just got finished thanking the people here for the help. These guys turn out to be total A-holes?

Figures.

And no, PEZ... I don't "work for Ranger", or any other company producing radios of any kind. I realize you were just kidding around because of that fool's comment, but I'm just someone who's worked with radios my entire life, and had some questions about a radio that behaves differently in one way, than any I've owned (or operated) before.

I never said one harsh thing about one member I've encountered at this site. Then one crotchety douche bag attacks me with an outrageous comment, and then others pile on?

I guess it's just more a sign of the times, than anything else. I was just marveling that there are still civil and friendly web forums, which is why I had made the comment thanking you guys, because it was refreshing to see, and then this "Undertaker" (apparently a REAL Undertaker) douche bag decides to (out of the blue) attack me, with total rudeness.

And other people see that as some kind of signal to join in? Not one of whom could show me ANYWHERE in my posts that I have been rude, or even incorrect in my comments.

Last edited:
Dallas,

I'm also not terribly impressed with the receiver on my Q5N2. I've got the same issue with the S meter on my Q5N2. It's S4-S5 when all of my other radios show ~S1. Wonder if the S meter (and possibly other parameters) weren't aligned properly on some... Seems plausible.

I've also noticed the noise blanker drops the adjacent channel rejection massively when on. Yeah, I realize one of the many pitfalls of NB but I've never as dramatic of an effect as on this radio. And sometimes you need a noise blanker because you've got a neighbor with some spark gap generator you have no control over or various noises encountered while mobile and need to run it. I will turn a radio off rather than listen to repetitive/impulse type noises all day. There are plenty of CB's/Exports where you can run the NB full time without much issue.

There's a lot that's very cool about the radio for the money. I just wish mine was as quiet sounding as Pez's and others.

I bought one to possibly throw in the mobile instead of my FT-891 (which is a fantastic mobile SSB transceiver, but AM is meh). Would be fun to be able to mess around on AM on longer road trips.

Not bashing the radio. Just sharing my experience with it.

Pez,

Somehow missed you'd posted those videos - I see them now on the previous page. I'll check them out this evening.
Pez, thanks for posting the videos. Yours certainly seems to be working much better than mine! Maybe just got a dud or one that was rushed through the final tuning/alignment line...

Last edited:
Reactions: Eldorado828 and Pez
Every time the notification came up I already knew....
Knew what, exactly?

That I was continuing to check back to see if anyone else was contributing their own observations concerning my questions about this radio?

Are you guys REALLY that smug? And arrogant? And assuming?

How would you like someone going back and attacking all your "pissing and moaning", which ALL of you have done, to one degree or another.

Only I don't consider it pissing and moaning. I consider it DISCUSSING. Whether negaitve, or positive. If something is TRUE, then I don't care if it is "negative" OR positive. The question is... Is it TRUE?

So, you too, PEZ?

After I just got finished thanking the people here for the help. You guys turn out to be total A-holes?

Figures.
You need to calm down OM. It was a joke, and a good one. Did you say something about GFY? Or getting laid, or take a bong hit, or something???

I have given you heaps of help and advice. Take it or leave it. It's there in the posts regardless.

Reactions: Eldorado828
Pez, thanks for posting the videos. Yours certainly seems to be working much better than mine! Maybe just got a dud or one that was rushed through the final tuning/alignment line... My Serial # is 1760222560004
Thanks Fred - I wonder if you would consider having a play with the RFG setting in the service menu? (CH-52 RFG). I have not touched mine (no need to), but it is where I would start.

Reactions: Eldorado828

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated