• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone at-6666 v3

Hi gents new member here and my first post, so please be gentle.

I have purchased two Q6 radios, one second hand, 3 months old & the other brand new. I put them on the bench to see what they can do power wise, I wanted to "calibrate" the power control so l know what low, mid range & high settings would give RF wise.

Here are my findings.
S/H radio
AM low power setting 24Watts High 30Watts SSB Low 37 Watts High 37 Watts on whistle
New radio
AM Low power setting 1.6Watts high 13.6 Watts SSB Low 4 Watts High 55 Watts

I did a pot comparo with the new one and found the S/H one had most of the pots in the TX path all screwed around, way off mid range setting, as mentioned by others earlier, when ccts are designed the adjustments should lay mid range. So I went through and set all the pots very close to the new radios adjustments. Then carefully peaked TX from there making small adjustments till the power matched the output power of the new radio.

So if you are still with me so far, here is the question.
I hear about bias, how or where do I check to see if I'm in the ballpark or way off field?
I want to open them both up to see what finals I have in both radios, at this stage its unknown.

So far the radios have very good field reports using the stock mic but thinking about upgrading to a power mic, Astatic road devil appears to be the go to mic. Anyones thoughts on that?
Hi gents new member here and my first post, so please be gentle.

I have purchased two Q6 radios, one second hand, 3 months old & the other brand new. I put them on the bench to see what they can do power wise, I wanted to "calibrate" the power control so l know what low, mid range & high settings would give RF wise.

Here are my findings.
S/H radio
AM low power setting 24Watts High 30Watts SSB Low 37 Watts High 37 Watts on whistle
New radio
AM Low power setting 1.6Watts high 13.6 Watts SSB Low 4 Watts High 55 Watts

I did a pot comparo with the new one and found the S/H one had most of the pots in the TX path all screwed around, way off mid range setting, as mentioned by others earlier, when ccts are designed the adjustments should lay mid range. So I went through and set all the pots very close to the new radios adjustments. Then carefully peaked TX from there making small adjustments till the power matched the output power of the new radio.

So if you are still with me so far, here is the question.
I hear about bias, how or where do I check to see if I'm in the ballpark or way off field?
I want to open them both up to see what finals I have in both radios, at this stage its unknown.

So far the radios have very good field reports using the stock mic but thinking about upgrading to a power mic, Astatic road devil appears to be the go to mic. Anyones thoughts on that?
I use a a static road devil on one of my any tones in a jeep, with excellent results. Pin one is audio pin 3 is transmit pin 5 is ground. True you lose the ability to make adjustments and change channels etc if you wire up a different microphone for it, however I'm a believer and once the radio is set up and programmed to your liking I've never found a need to make adjustments while on the road. A static road devil is the only power microphone I would ever use as it has its somewhat oxymoronic name of being a noise canceling power mic :)

I have one, now. Got it for Christmas. It's a really good radio, but, like Jeff, I am disappointed it doesn't have 12m. Frequency range: 25.615-30.105 MHz. Nevertheless, out of the box it really shines.

I bought the CRT 9900 version with 12 meters couple weeks ago.
I like it.
Not a bad little radio and it is plug and play.

Jeff

Reactions: HomerBB
Wish I had gotten the CRT 9900, but still happy with mine.

Homer, it is the same board as the 6666.
The only difference I see is the addition of 12 meters and the CTCSS board included.
So far it is a great radio, I like the rx better than the 2950dx
Took it out of the box, hooked it up and started talking.
Why Anytone won't enable 12 meters on the 6666 I don't understand , it would just add to there market.

Jeff
20210407_180131_HDR.jpg 20210410_154200.jpg

Reactions: Slowmover
You okay, Slow?

A couple of long years of making a big truck radio “work” came together with the last iteration. DSP + a Lincoln.

Maybe “64-mph” sounds funny. It’s fast as to the combination of Average MPH & Average MPG. (This is a skills test).

The radio is a key part of keeping those two high (at that given speed).

1). Identical SUV against it, but that other driver running 70 will burn enough extra fuel to have to make an extra pit stop on a 1,000-mile trip.

2). No radio or lack of experience in using one, he won’t know how to deal with higher on-road traffic volume, construction, wrecks or weather.

3). A great radio (we can assume this owner in pic did the right install), is the game-changer.

Lower-risk, less fuel-burn (thus component wear), and arrive in almost the same elapsed time. The other guy will barely be ahead (and won’t at all if he can’t figure an alternate route around a huge time delay).

Don’t drive faster, drive smarter.

That make more sense? I just ran that 1,000-mile trip at 64 in an SUV and compared the identical vehicle owned/operated by my son running 70 with solid numbers (mpg) to back it. No diversions. 30-40” difference in arrival time.

Any problems occur on-road that radio just put me in the lead.

MEANING: I’ll take the bet.

It’s not a “race” per se. Safe operation is never compromised and has strict rules.

It’s more: doing the most with the least.

(The past couple of months I’ve been practicing using the alternates around the time-suck problems while in the Pete. Imagine you passed me more than two hours ago, but I wound up ahead of you again. And you’d burned $100 more fuel than me to have covered the same total days distance, but with zero time savings.)

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated