• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Back to studying for my Ham License

I had a cber get bent all out of shape when I finished my QSO I gave out my call letters out of habit. He told me to get off of the band. I told him I have been cber for over 50 years and just upgraded to more expensive equipment. I told him I was talking to him on my 30 year old Cobra 148 so chill out. He told me it was illegal for a ham bander to talk on 11 meters. I said you are woefully misinformed, My radio is pure stock and unmodified.
Sounds like call sign envy

Reactions: 357magnum and Rwb
Rwb , most of my time now is spent on 38 and 357 mag , I can do 45 acp , 303 , 8mm and I'm waiting arrival of my 380 acp dies so I can keep my wife's new Sig P-238 laser sight mouse gun fueled .:LOL: How do you like that 204 Ruger ? I need a small cal rifle .
i like it out to 250 yards on yotes,and smaller game up to 350 yards but if windy i pull out my 22-250. A friend n i were going to go out west in kansas for prarie dogs,but a death in his family dampened it.was going to let that 204r work.last time i took my 22-250,22hornet, and my 22 magnum.this time my 17 hmr n 204 ruger was going too

Reactions: 357magnum
Was about to go for my ham license,but my bosss/ leader/wife said NO.so i am still n 38 lsb or up in those uhh forbidden channels.

not-henpecked-just-dont-want-war-to-happen.jpg
:whistle::LOL:

Getting your ticket will open up a lot of opportunities. You can almost always find someone to talk to. Don't go into it with rose colored glasses though. You will find people from all walks of life with good and bad attitudes. Amateur radio is not that much different from CB.

Reactions: 357magnum and Rwb
Yep, the gear is much better and cost a lot too. I think my wife was planning to do me in right after I got my extra ticket. I went on an acquisition binge and spent a small fortune. I think she was ticked because of all the shoes she could have bought with that money. Yeah sure baby, let's see you talk to Mumbai on those new pumps..

Reactions: Rwb and 357magnum
Dallas , you are correct , I knew a few Ham op's years before I joined this forum and use to listen in Good & Bad in everything .As far as expense , I knew that also , my problem is , Boat , Camper , Gun's , HD's , Atv ( for sale ) , the new 660 Rhino , & all the $ I spent on Off Shore fishing gear . My wife wants to know when it will end ? We know when ... when I go to see Bobby " Undertaker ":whistle::LOL: Forgot I left out 2 Antique Farm Tractors .

Reactions: Rwb and S&W357
Rwb , I'm French also , as well as my wife . My Grand Parents came directly from Canada , I also have some Black Foot Indian in there ( Great Grand Farther married one ) . My wife .... she's French alright , and I know it started in Canada @ one point . My joke w/ her is we have a city in Ri " Woonsocket " most of her family is there , She told me she was part Indian , I said Woonsocket ? What the " Merci ber Coo Coo Tribe " ! French people from that city are just a little different .:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.