• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Beginner ham antenna questions

Not hearing anything now. No beacons, nothing. Have to try tomorrow, sorry. Sometimes you get those fluke openings at night.
Rich

I used to hear a group in the Atlanta area at nite on 10 meter. I believe it was 28.450. You might want to tune around and look for them.
Rich

When soldering copper stranded to copper stranded you tin both, right?

What abourt when soldering copper stranded to sheet copper?

What ever gets the job done.If the copper is clean and the iron hot enough It's no problem to solder without tinning first, in fact stranded copper I'd rather twist the wire together first then solder. See what works best for you.

Bad as yesterday was, today's sunspot activity is even worse...16 sunspots according to SpaceWeather.com.

Ah well...I'm sitting on 28.305 just in case, calling occasionally. I've been to 425 and don't even hear Todd the Beacon...LOL

Dead hear as well, but calling on 305 anyway. Never know what might happen. Saw a spot where Fl worked Italy on 310 this am.
Rich

With enough trying, we might just work KM4DEO today. I picked 305 because he using an A99 still set for 11 meter. Hope his radio loads in it some.
Rich

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.