• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Build me a Ham Shack

RR what I was saying was you may not hear anything but static when you fire off your base station depending on the conditions. You can talk to locals on your base but you could be talking to the locals now on your HT but don’t want to program it. A base radio is not going to be any different, you are still going to have to learn to use it. Good luck on your antennas, I live in a HOA neighborhood and we cannot have flagpoles. All my antennas are in the attic. Dipoles for HF and a Ed Fong j-pole for 2 meter, 1.25 and 440.

Seriously why would you buy this drifting, splattering poorly designed radio for $839 plus tune/conversion when you could have a nice IC-718! Hmmm $839.95 versus $524.95…that’s a no brained. Oh must be the value Echo and Roger Beep add.

E775FA7B-CC0C-4086-8BA8-EB170EFD048F.jpeg

Versus

2B52B95A-49F5-4B80-A69A-761D6B7CFAF3.jpeg

Knock on wood I’ve never had to send a radio back for service…The times I have were well after the warranty expired…For me the answer is no but that’s like asking if I should get the extended warranty on car…which I did because of all the amenities.

Icom is a one year Warranty and the Platinum is 4 years.

Reactions: NZ8N and RedRiverII
Reactions: RedRiverII
Cool, thank you. I usually don't get the extended warranty on products. But... maybe..., shoulda..., coulda..., nah not this time. This shack will be built one brick at a time. Thank you once more Night Thumper, and every other knowledgeable guy that has contributed here.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated