• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB radio Becoming Respectable Again???

Is CB radio making a comeback?

• Yes

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • No

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Who Cares

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good evening Radio friends, I have been reading the posts concerning about 11 meters becoming respectable. We all need to show respect towards other operators at all times and set the example of how good operations should exist on the radio bands wheather it's Ham radio,CB,or FRS,etc. Just my thoughts:)

Indeed. But the anononimity of radio is tempting to those with no integrity. A trait that seems to be more and more prevalent in our hobby,

Last edited:
Reactions: tecnicoloco
CB Radio has always been respectable, it is the operators who ruined it.
Way back when some of us formed "React Rescue Groups" and we did actually perform public service. I was "Rescue 555" and kept that as my skip numbers for SSB. Still use those numbers on CB skip. If you hear the "North Central Kentucky 555" it could be me.

Last edited:
CB Radio has always been respectable, it is the operators who ruined it.
Way back when some of us formed "React Rescue Groups" and we did actually did public service. I was "Rescue 555" and kept that as my skip numbers for SSB. Still use those numbers on CB skip. If you hear the "North Central Kentucky 555" it could be me.
Good morning Tallman,what you just said hit it right on the mark,just my opinion,Thanks and GB!!

Reactions: Tallman
Cb radio is alive. I have a facebook group called Rosco and Roosters Radio. Youd be surprised how many Radio related groups and pages are on Facebook. 11meter ssb is my preference. But there are a cpl local am channels here in the Buckeye. We are the generation that came from the heydays of cb radio parents.

I don’t know. In a couple of years only bout 37 people answered the poll? That’s not a lot. Forums used to boom but not so much. And radio is just like a forum, real hit and miss. People are too involved in fb and crap like that, social media. Plus we’re all getting old and now we require too many naps during the day. Our bedtimes are now 9pm instead of whenever we fell out before.

Damn. I’ve depressed myself.

Well every time I watch the old family gathering in Attack Of The Clones, I can help but lose my cookies over those darn "Cows" in that "tender" Pasture scene...

Shaak.jpg

Some things ol' George recorded we're - well, just not the best side of the planet to show off to a theatre of potential tourists wanting to visit Naboo.

Let alone, add a "c" to that name and you'd have a place that competed for your Audiophile business - which eventually would wind up in a audio pile...

Reactions: 357magnum
Rumor has it that Willie Nelson gets respectable after a few tokes between shows, but not in a nasty or vulgar way. That type of hilarity I don't mind too much. Fortunately he has a designated driver.

Reactions: 357magnum
If it weren’t for those basement dwellers who can tie up 19 for hours, I’d agree with the “respectability” part. That is, those using it to talk with their fellow truck drivers.

Does it get raunchy? Sure. Stay off 19 if that’s a problem.

19 opens a world that makes the loneliness of long distance trucking bearable. Something the phone or Internet wont ever do. Immediate and on the spot talk.

Some of the funniest things I’ve ever heard come across that radio. Tears running down funny. There’s no dead-pan like CB radio dead-pan.

I was coming thru OKC on a holiday earlier this year. Reached the spot past the El Reno scales where I could hear Rattlesnake and his group and turned it up .

Couldn’t understand what they were talking about. Subject, not audio quality. Started to think they were all fishing the same lake from different vantage points. I asked (and about died of laughter) when I learned they were all watching and commenting on a live feed of a Hawaiian lava flow.

Mines always on. Might be turned low, but years of experience tell me when to increase loudness.

Was running up US-287 to Denver out of Fort Worth back in the spring and fell in with some fast-moving cattle haulers (empty). By the sound of things they’d been awake about three days. Some Californio-tagged idgjit in a reefer cut into their group and they fell to cussing him. He squawked back in a sub-Continental accent and they laid waste to his lack of skills, his lack of an American name or membership in a Protestant church. As he SAID he was an American.

He proceeded to explain his non-asssimilating ways (PC crap) and one old boy got to supporting him against the others. Who were flabbergasted. But, he explained, that boys great, great, great granpappy HAD to have fought in our Civil War. And then he asked him point blank about whether it was him or his ancestors had shed blood & treasure for America.

Man, you coulda heard a pin drop. Distant static.

After about a four-count he said, “well, you get back to us someday about who it is defines America. And, Paul . . say hi to everyone at the Antioch Baptist Church for us”

Last edited:
When I take the family on road trips, I keep it on ch19. Interstate 95 always has some kind of back up, my Anytone Smart with the modulation turned up does the job. We travel at night so we can hit the check in time at the hotel ten hours away. After pulling a 12 hour shift on a Friday, the wife and I will take turns driving about 3 or 4 hours at a time overnight. Often I can talk to a driver who is staying awake. It really makes the trip. " Hey channel one nine, who is staying awake tonight? Come On!?"

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.