• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB tool needed

I believe this tool will do what you want:

317ORwsgQtL.jpg

you can get them on amazon, or here:
https://www.stewmac.com/Luthier_Tools/Types_of_Tools/Wrenches/Adjustable_Toggle_Switch_Wrench.html

LC
You beat me to it.

I fashioned one out of the screw on portion of a PL-259. It took me a couple hours using a Dremel cutting disk to make the tabs and a stone to remove the threads inside, but it works great and is one of my prize tools. The one I made only has 2 tabs, but it’s strong and will work with both 2 and 4 slot nuts.

Last edited:
That one fits a round knurl nut like you would find on a standard-size toggle switch with a 15/32-in. bushing. If it will open up to 5/8 inch, might work. Pretty sure the standard toggle-ring nut is 9/16 in. OD. Only a sixteenth inch difference.

Ah, those aren't female slots, per se. They are the expansion gap. The outer knurled shaft threads down over the open end and squeezes the four sections of the tool jaw together to grip a round nut by the knurl ridges on its edge. It never engages the slots at all. There's a name for this type tool, but I don't know what that is.

I have one here somewhere for 3/8-in. headphone-jack round nuts. We just got in the habit of removing those with pliers, and replacing it with a hex nut when there is room. Just wish it would fit down into the recess on the front of the Cobra 2000. This tool is just too fat.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
This is a photo of what I made. It's not the greatest photo but should give you an idea of what I'm talking about. A PL-259 fits perfectly over the mic jack. In fact I believe it has the same thread size. The only problem is you need to grind out the threads on the PL-259 shell so it will slip over (not screw on) the mic jack and fit into the nut slots.
mic_wrench.jpg

Kinda looks like these Sennheiser tools.

They resemble tools I use on my "Regular" job except they are much smaller. Some sockets I have like these are 4"-6" in diameter and are driven with a 1" drive. Sometimes takes 2 men to complete the job.

I like Sunbulls solution.:sneaky:

(I never fail to learn stuff on this forum!(y))

73's
David

This is a photo of what I made. It's not the greatest photo but should give you an idea of what I'm talking about. A PL-259 fits perfectly over the mic jack. In fact I believe it has the same thread size. The only problem is you need to grind out the threads on the PL-259 shell so it will slip over (not screw on) the mic jack and fit into the nut slots.
mic_wrench.jpg
im going make one and put a handle on it i will show it when done.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.