• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Tricks web site

I have a copy of the zip.
I am trying to see if I can get it dropped someplace to mirror it.

My only concern with this developing power vacuum is that ten people make sites and information gets fragmented.

It will also take a bit of work to create a site with the ability for users to submit information, have it moderated, etc.

A wiki would probably be best for this sort of information.

Power Vacuum?

Is that like 3 HP Kenmore? or Hoover?

I have seen in several places where groups or people are trying to become the new cbtricks, so that's what I mean by a power vacuum.

The community put its eggs in one basket and the bottom just fell out of it.

is there someone out there that has a hard copy of the original site and not the archive site that will share with the cb community?

The community put its eggs in one basket and the bottom just fell out of it.
Eggs in one basket indeed..
I feel lucky to have the archive that I downloaded at this point. I think the lesson learned for starting such an expansive library of radios in the first place should involve at least two people at all times as CEO’s if not more. I don’t know this Bennie guy and I probably should, but it’s ridiculous for one person to run the entire show. If it were my site, I would try to protect it in case something happens to me. One would think, dropping out without a word, and leaving everybody scrounging around for archival data is not a legacy anyone would want.

Do you mean the site supporter disk? There’s about 7 of them total I believe.
Well yes i saw someone post the site is about 14gb big. I have a site that allows 10gb of sending files so it could be broken up into approx 7gb each and then send the files.
We just have to find someone who has a hard copy of original site and not the archive site.

I got an email back from Bennie and here is what he said in the email. I told him to please add a donation area so we can all help out, even $1-$5.00 will help. If you all have used the site and know the valuable info there, its a great site so when it comes back lets all try to help out

Sent: Saturday, November 24, 2018 4:43 PM
To: _ Bob
Subject: Re: CBtricks site

Bob
I am in the process of moving it to a new server.

We have been with the same data center for the last 14 years and the server bank we where on is being retired.
I was hoping to have it moved before the shutdown but been too busy with home stuff and the date got here tooooo fast.
A friend is helping and we are moving to a new service provider to cut our cost and hope to have it up soon.
We hope to repair the forum too.

Man is sure to hope that it comes to fruition, after the initial crash happened there was word of it being repaired but its just stayed on autopilot since then.... Almost 2 years now! Hopefully it's spared from death, lots of good info throughout the forum as well. Man it's a gold mine you just can't find anywhere else.

For the ones like me that work around the clock and don’t have time or enough money saved to take time off to go to a tech class, cbtricks is a life saver. I’m no tech by any means but I love to get old radios and get em to work and without forums like this and cbtricks, I would still be trying to find the power switch.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.