• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Tricks web site

Still shared on MEGA, just checked. No clue why you can't dl that.
Anyway, where could I upload that to make it easier to get?
Mike

I successfully downloaded the archive from MEGA, but it took overnight.
I suspect that even MEGA is not accustomed to dealing with zipping up this much data on the back end on a regular basis.

Thanks again for your efforts.

A note or three about this link:
0. The link will not be up forever.
1. The bandwidth is not terribly wide.
2. There is an enormous media collection on this server that starts indexing at 3 AM EST every morning. Performance WILL suffer whist the discs are getting beat up.
3. The server reboots promptly at 6 AM EST each morning. Therefore, it will be unavailable for a few moments at that time.

Thanks,
BF

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Was able to download. The torrent I tried no seeders so ButtFuzz worked. I'm still pissed that the Cbtricks might be gone for good. It should be offered out to someone willing to take it over and host it.

Well I asked and nobody commented, I’ll ask again...

If you have the supporter disk, is it possible to put them on your own server and host it as a “copy” site?

I have my own server but I only use it for email. I don’t know a lot about web hosting or all that goes along with such. The stuff on the site disk is all html I believe, opens in a browser, not like a photo. So just curious that if it doesn’t come back up, could it be copied by using the site disk?

In short, yes.

The challenge may be finding a modern copy of the supporter discs, as I believe those haven’t been included in a subscription for quite some time. But I am unsure about that.

I have the last version of the DVDs that was sent out. Said "1.52" on the discs. The index file on disk 1 has a file-modified date of November 2010. Odd part is that it displays "1.53" on the html index page.

Copied them to my NAS server. But for easy-to-understand reasons, that box is not visible to the internet.

My upload speed is about 16 MB here, so sending them somewhere on the 'net would not take brutally long.

Just need somewhere to transfer it.

I have set too but I don’t know what version they are. I was thinking if they could be made into a website basically, the people here could access it. I don’t think I have the bandwidth personally to handle the “internet” but most of us here wouldn’t be enough to overload it. I have a 300 down and about 25 up connection.

Or... not that I’d be the only one but I’d be willing to up them on a GoDaddy server and start a site dedicated to them, as a “new” website.

Of course, I believe to do that, wed need Bennie’s permission to repost all that information, wouldn’t we?

I think a lot of the info was member input so who would be the rightful owner of all the files? Bennie or the past members and is all the info copyrighted?. The files that have been posted here are ok but like all the html files are out there somewhere and if Bennie shuts down completely the html will not find anything and be useless. So I believe somehow someway someone has to get a complete copy of files and pictures complete. I just wish Bennie or whomever has this CBtricks site will answer some of the emails I'm sure have been sent to him in regards to the site being down. Just let us all know what is going on and if there will be any future for CBtricks.

Whoever Bennie is probably only has copyright to a small portion of the data.

What I don't get is if this person doesn't want to run it anymore just sell it and let someone else carry the torch.

I feel bad for the people that contributed information to the site just to have it go poof.

Reactions: Eldorado828

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated