• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Tricks web site

Keith , for now quite a few of us have the site archived. Just ask in forums and someone will be along eventually ...

For the ones like me that work around the clock and don’t have time or enough money saved to take time off to go to a tech class, cbtricks is a life saver. I’m no tech by any means but I love to get old radios and get em to work and without forums like this and cbtricks, I would still be trying to find the power switch.
So true…regarding radios, I spend about 90% of my time salvaging and repairing old radios, 5% helping others salvage theirs, 4% trying to learn back what I have forgotten, and 1% actually talking on a radio.

Thankfully I've got one of the last sets of supporter disc's but the forum was loaded with so much that I occasionally looked through my own threads to answer my own questions haha. Nothing compared to what some of the gurus had contributed though..

Reactions: Staybolt
Just discovered a crock in the web site's links. Maco M104 4-element beam book got dropped from the site, along with all the other Maco antennas at the request of the product line's new owners Charles Electronics.

The DVD set has those files. They were made before Charles asked to have them pulled. But on the page for that antenna, there is no link to the PDF.

Oops.

But the pdf file is there. Just no link to it. Would never have seen it on the web site, but there it was in the WindowsExplorer screen

Sent a customer home happy with a printed copy of it. Makes me wonder if going farther back to an older Wayback grab from before those files were removed would show the M104, or if the broken link on the DVD is the same as the site's html file for the M104?

It's probably not the only broken link on the site, but it makes the DVD version look better all the time.

Reactions: NZ8N
Well that's way cool! Thanks for the link.

Just for grins, I checked older grabs in the Wayback. Had to go back to 2008, but they have 'lost' those pages, or didn't grab them at the time.

And then my idiot light came on. Bennie didn't remove the files. That's why they're on the DVDs. He just removed the hyperlinks to them. Accomplished the same result.

Reactions: NZ8N
Nomad I can not remember how long ago it has been that your links disapeared from the site. I know Bill and Handy Andy's links were still there when the site was working.

I wonder if the links got lost after the big crash in about 2010 when Bennie had to reload the site back then. I did not have internet from the 1st of 2008 until some time in 2010 and had to rejoin do to the site crash. when I moved back to Oklahoma in 2008 there was not any internet where I moved until 2010..
getting to old to remember all of this stuf any more.

I looked at my disk last night, the Maco section is on the disk if we’re talking about the same thing here. I never paid any attention to it on the website, I only used the radio section for service info.

has anyone tried to log on to the regular cbtricks.com lately?

the page shows up, but looks dubious.
thoughts?
LC

has anyone tried to log on to the regular cbtricks.com lately?

the page shows up, but looks dubious.
thoughts?
LC
I just tried, looks strange and there's not much there or in the menu's! Maybe it's a work in progress?? It's a turn for something compared to what we've seen in the last almost 2 years. Hopeful!

The "VIEW>>Source" reveals it's not original Bennie work.

This is a re-write - so you know...

STRONG HINT:
"Galeries" is a reference to a mall located in Australia...or a French Store Chain...

Gallery refers to an exhibit or place where items are on display...

So Bennie may have lost the battle to keep CB Tricks - it may be owned by someone else...an entity that he may not be in control of.

Brace for the Impact this may have...

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.