• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cb vs ham

Stirring the pot :whistle:

With the holidays coming and members having time on their hands this should get interesting.

To me I could care less if licensed or not, as long as the op is having fun and enjoying the hobby.

Reactions: 1 person
I get the feeling that guy just don't like ham radios for some reason.
If you use a device as it was intended to be used, then it should work at least adequately. If it doesn't, then it's a fairly obvious fact that it's being misused, right? that seems pretty easy to understand.
It also depends on what the user considers 'reasonable'. If it fit's the particular situation, then good. If not, then not so good. You can use a knitting needle to stir soup, but it's a little harder than using an appropriate spoon. If all you got is a knitting needle, then use it till you can get a spoon.
- 'Doc

Here is another one since this thread seems to still have a life. Burt is a jerk that for whatever reason seems to hate all radio operators. :D

Truth revealed about ham radio - YouTube

No not really. Burt is just a self righteous asshole with a perfectionist persona. If something is not 100% correct or a little out of the norm then it is WRONG and just plain STUPID. He gets very little support on QRZ.com and has pissed a lot of guys off with his self righteous perfectionist videos.If he is so unhappy with the masses on the air then why does he not leave the hobby? He has been teaching grade 3 and 4 for so many years he has begun acting like them.

This guy is pretty stupid. Not very in the know about amateur radio. I suspect he's just a video troll.

His call is K1OIK. Here is a picture of him on his QRZ profile page. It says it all.

SuperBurt1_1_.jpg

I made the mistake of attempting to befriend him long ago. Man is just a jerk, plain and simple.

Hell, I can get along with Mack and GLR but not Burt the Jerk. :laugh:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.