• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CHANNEL 16/SSB

its not exactly about doing dx as it is getting to use the older 23 channel rigs, there are a few around my area that break out their old rigs and ragchew some but when it is packed with the mexican amers we cant hear each other much less any one in dx land,,, other parts of the usa gets skip from the west coast here in florida our west is mexico.....i have a hygain 5 that i like to use,also a tram diamond 60,,and wish i could get my tram d201 going straight.........fellow east of me here uses a browning eagle,,, i reckon the only time here lately to do any ssb is late at night after skip dies down,,so usually saturday nights we will still be in there just listen for us...........cbt 273 central florida

but...I don't have a 23 channel radio...

Reactions: 357magnum
well use your 40 channel it will work too,, like me and the others we dont care what your radio is, we are just getting to use our equipment.........

on today,,11/22/2014 at 530 pm eastern time 16lsb hope to hear some one,,,,,,propagation is getting into a different mood since weather and sunset times have changed.........

shutting it off at 8 pm eastern,, couple locals came on for a bit at 630,, mexican amers faded out about 6 so right now very quiet,,,,,,,,,,,,

The only traffic I picked up on 16 this afternoon was on A.M. Two guys were talking about unions, scabs, and related issues. Sounded like lyrics to a a Bruce Springsteen song.

Those World Radio guys were doing their coast to coast check in on LSB39.

On this Thanksgiving day, it seems appropriate to point out that the Pilgrims first landed before the 11 meter CB band was expanded to 40 channels. Had they had 2 way radios back then, contacts would most certainly have been on LSB16. It only seems appropriate that QSO efforts today focus on LSB16. Besides, the pile up on LSB38 is already a mess.

Reactions: midnight special
I'll try to get on tomorrow, wonder if we should change the time a bit to adjust for the shorter days, say like 4-6pm est. just a thought. I'll try tomorrow anyway through the day, wish I wasn't feeling so bad today or I wold have tried to contact you as well vk!

I heard an Aussie station earlier this evening on LSB 16. 833 I believe it was. I could not hear the station he was talking to, but I got the impression it was stateside. Must have been between 6:00P.M. and 7:15 or so.

The band seemed relatively quiet as we hit sunset, but then some Phoeniz, AZ stations started to come in like they were locals. A Hawaii station heard them and they all chatted for a few on AM 19.

Interesting propagation at work.

Had a short QSO with 853 VKrules in Brisbane Aus yesterday afternoon on 38 LSB.

VKrules had a booming signal coming in to N. Florida.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned