• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Colt ceases production of AR's

Here is the famous Iver Johnson hammer the hammer add:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iver_Johnson

220px-Hammer_the_Hammer_Iver_Johnson_Revolvers.jpg

I also have my grandfather's hammer that looks just like that. Gotta find it now.

I've been doing my home work , how can you say cheaper to buy a built Ar ? ( Just Curious ) Look @ what Kop built ? I have to say I call BS on that !:whistle::D Iver Johnson ? Wow do I have pieces of those ! Some in the cleaning tank now . My favorite saying " Let Em' Set A While " :LOL: . Lot's of barrels/frame , but only a few pieces to make a few complete ones , that will never be fired . Came out of & attic I few mile away 40 years ago w/ 4 Rolling Block 22's that would still function . Do I have a lot of junk mixed in w/ my " Good Stuff " ? Yes Sir ! You bet I do !:ROFLMAO: Even got the old Boxes of 32 ammo that was found w/ them , Like Ralph I love the Old Ammo Boxes !

Funny that you should mention the supposed spin on the story by CNN. I actually read the story on CNN Online the day it broke and saw NO SUCH SPIN. The article I read clearly stated that Colt was making the move due to a saturated market and that sales had slowed as well as stating that Colt was committed to the 2'nd amendment. I read no such spin regarding a liberal victory. Granted I view the international version of CNN and not the USA version.
Just an article found in my email. Yes, I'm sure there is a difference in feed source. I didn't believe Colt would cow tow to progressive leftism. Actually felt Colt would be increasing resources to military market. My guess was affirmed after reading statements from Colt.

Reactions: 357magnum
Colt is not the only company making AR style weapons, and the model they make is over priced compared to other manufactures.
They are dropping it because its sales are dismal and not profitable.
This is a business decision.

Jeff
Connecticut is also one of the least business friendly states in the country in terms of taxes and operating expenses like electricity. If you make anything here, you have no choice to but to sell it for top dollar. The only thing leaving this state faster than businesses are well to do tax payers.

Perhaps Colt will now start making more of the SAA revolvers again. They are usually out of stock at Colt with a long wait time and with a high price.

Of course Colt has stopped making things at other times. :confused:

Like the Python & Anaconda. No reasons given, just stopped production and prices went out of sight. Same thing will happen with Colt AR's.

413997314.jpg

413457499.jpg
They still making the Cobra?

The longer they hold production, higher the price for existing in field. Supply and demand. The American way. I love capitalism.

My first issue was a full size Colt M16. Never had anyone score higher than me in boot camp and the rest of my time in. Lol, guess I am bragging, but damn! it was a fine shooting rifle. I had never shot anything like it before BT. I had shot and hunted since I was wee little. I think the peep sights is why I took to it so. Most of my rifles I had, were hand me downs. Most of them had peeps.

The last day I was in the ARMY, I enlisted in the Air Force without a break in service. My AF time was always as a medic. Our unit qualified each year, but they used those lame 22LR adapters and our range was inside a big hanger.The instructor was telling me my stance and prone techniques were wrong. My unit commander jokingly made me the unit sniper. Once I left the AF, I joined the Army Guard and was handed my first carbine. Hated it then and hate them now. My favorite issue weapon was the M3A1 Grease gun. Blast to shoot and easy to carry.

There goes My Buddy Ralph again ! He has a Sweet Collection ! Plane /Train/Automobile I will get there w/ my Wife to see it someday I hope ! We Pm daily , he's my WWDX brother & I thank this site for that !(y):) Mud here is my weapon of choice ,https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...EA74F4CBA45B12EBF5E7EA74F4CBA45B12E&FORM=VIRE a young " Grunt" in Nam , someone leaving wanted me to use it , Heavy ? Yes ! Mow down anything in it's path ? That's a Roger ! But ammo for it was getting hard to get for the Old Girl ( Betty ) but I managed ! Like Ripley says ... " Believe it or not " ! My story & I'm sticking to it ! Semper Fi , 73 & God Bless , Leo

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated