• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Covid Gardening

Mulch will take too much nitrogen out of the soil, and adding fertilizer will help some. The level of fertilizer needed to offset the decaying wood will burn your young plants I'm afraid. Start a compost pile with grass clippings etc. although it won't be ready to use right away.

You could use a garden rake to pull the dirt that you do have into rows. That way you are not wasting effort to have good dirt between the rows for the weeds. The clay between the rows would be good for keeping weeds down I bet.

Momentum Rental has the same one-man post hole digger I used.(Little Beaver)

04081472-1E0C-4E13-B5F7-06E348F8FF52.jpeg

Tilled in some lime and fertilizer while ago. Watered in. Won't go back for a day, you step out there now and have an inch of gumbo on boots. Not buying bagged dirt. Need bulk at decent price, not inflated Corona price of $29 cu yd.

Reactions: 357magnum
Momentum Rental has the same one-man post hole digger I used. Looks different than the pic I linked.(Little Beaver)
Momentum and United rt up rd. A trencher will work better. Freekn home dumpo wants 150 a day. Not sure about rental places in town, but they're pretty high on anything. With an account they are high, they gouge down here. A backhoe used to be only 150 a day now double.

Momentum and United rt up rd. A trencher will work better. Freekn home dumpo wants 150 a day. Not sure about rental places in town, but they're pretty high on anything. With an account they are high, they gouge down here. A backhoe used to be only 150 a day now double.
With a backhoe you could dig down 2 -3 ' deep and 8x8 wide and use the pit to dump your amendments in to and mix your soil in to them. Or if you are doing a small garden you can do a raised bed system. I did that when I lived out in the Texas Hill Country and the was no soil to plant in, only exposed lime stone rock. It is easy to setup raised beds. I raised some of the best tasting Yukon Gold potatoes in those raised beds. You could just pick the soil apart with a bare finger and decide which ones you wanted. Cover them back up and they would continue to grow. The only soil used in a raised bed is what you put in to it. A sandy loam is the best no doubt!
I got my soil from a creek bank about a mile from the house.

Last edited:
With a backhoe you could dig down 2 -3 ' deep and 8x8 wide and use the pit to dump your amendments in to and mix your soil in to them. Or if you are doing a small garden you can do a raised bed system. I did that when I lived out in the Texas Hill Country and the was no soil to plant in, only exposed lime stone rock. It is easy to setup raised beds. I raised some of the best tasting Yukon Gold potatoes in those raised beds. You could just pick the soil apart with a bare finger and decide which ones you wanted. Cover them back up and they would continue to grow. The only soil used in a raised bed is what you put in to it. A sandy loam is the best no doubt!
Yes Tall, would love to do more containers or raised bed. But still finding it difficult to locate bulk soil at decent prices. Wally world durt is too expensive buy the bag for the amount needed. Eco Friendly freeks want 30 a cu yd. Was hoping Kav was gonna borrow a backhoe to swap cabs on F-250, could have used that. David drove payloader over to his place with looooong forks for the job. Can't get Kav on phone, too busy messing with the 250.

TSC yesterday picked up six packs of orange bells and cucumbers. Just what I need, more to plant without places. But they got em a new female mgr, and she is beautiful. I forgot half of what i went there for. Unfortunately, she wears the the ring of spoken for.:(

That is a quick way to pick up a case of
"Fatal High Velocity Lead Poisoning."
Only stated she was beautiful, not that I would pursue relations with. But, now you mention it, I wouldn't have to deal with garden or worry about death from covid. (y)

Reactions: 357magnum
I met a young lady from Mexia, TX. So beautiful and shapely. When our eyes met my heart stopped and I got cold shivers. I had looked straight into the eyes of a mercenary female of our species. I would never think of trying to hook up with anybody as long as I am married.
To prove my first impression of this beautiful predator Anna did not stick in small town just out side of Waco, TX for very long. A modeling agent spotted her and she was gone.Dairy Queen was not the same.
Anna Nicole Smith
th

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.