• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Covid Gardening

Yes Tall, would love to do more containers or raised bed. But still finding it difficult to locate bulk soil at decent prices. Wally world durt is too expensive buy the bag for the amount needed. Eco Friendly freeks want 30 a cu yd. Was hoping Kav was gonna borrow a backhoe to swap cabs on F-250, could have used that. David drove payloader over to his place with looooong forks for the job. Can't get Kav on phone, too busy messing with the 250.

TSC yesterday picked up six packs of orange bells and cucumbers. Just what I need, more to plant without places. But they got em a new female mgr, and she is beautiful. I forgot half of what i went there for. Unfortunately, she wears the the ring of spoken for.:(

Keeps it in a shirt pocket till she feels the laser beams from across the store.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Road over to local guy sells dirt. $50 a bucket for garden soil, top mixed with manure. $25 bucket for top, sandy loam.

Ridiculous, that bucket ain't even a 3/4 yd bucket.(n)

Just find a creek that you can drive up to and shovel a bunch into your pickup or
Jazzy basket and make some trips.
Ha! Ain't none. Can get to Bayou out back but, taint nuth'n but gumbo. They cawl it Chocolate Bayou. Back in south Alabama and just north of Baton Rouge can find places. But not here, only sand is out coastal. Indianola and Port O'Conner.

Busted belt on tiller, but noticed since I watered, it dug better. New belt, a little short by inch, but hold on. No need for safety bar, put that mama jama in gear and roll out. Got little more better.

47 miles away, place has top soil for 15 cu yd. Little better. But ole Ingleses, thinks everything is 25 a 1/2 cu yd. Has 10 yD dump, claims it's a 14. Many years in construction I can tell bucket size and dump sizes. Even landscaped out of high school.

These jokers down here.

Red , I never knew how hard it was to garden in your area . Your best bet is think ahead for the future & do the best you can , like you are .(y) Best bet start composting in a BIG way if you have the room , some old fencing , poles , get some old hay , old produce from stores , what ever will compost , lime & keep it wet ( @ a point add worms if possible ) I went thru this @ my old place on the lake , soil was soft sand , but after a few years my garden was awesome . I guess you need to look towards years to come to get good soil . Keep up the good work & good luck ! Keep me posted . 73 , Leo

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.