• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRE-8900 And Beyond:Ongoing Discussions

DXE Part Number:DXE-EGK-200

DX Engineering has a 14" tinned .75" wide by .125" thick braided ground strap kit with a 2" clamp but my exhaust pipe gas a diameter of 1 7/8". I guess this goes on the tailpipe end. I might also get one for the pesky condenser fan as well.
According to DX Engineering,this little ground strap will fix all of those electrical engine noises.

DX Engineering Exhaust Grounding Kits - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at DX Engineering

Also: Search Results for Tinned braid - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at DX Engineering

Note: I could buy just the braid assembly from other sources but so far I haven't found any with the dimensions that DX Engineering has. I guess that matters.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Well I made contact with a truck driver who was running a CRE 8900.The radio sounded great! was not running the stock mic either. I forget what mic he was running but he was up in Colorado and a good clean sounding radio..good signal to southern Cali

Well I made contact with a truck driver who was running a CRE 8900.The radio sounded great! was not running the stock mic either. I forget what mic he was running but he was up in Colorado and a good clean sounding radio..good signal to southern Cali

I prefer mine over my Galaxy DX-959. I run my 8900 with a Astatic Road Devil mic in my mobile. They aren't cut out for CW operation though. But I don't use that. Also I get great DX contact reports.

I loved the one i borrowed off a tech i know. I had to give it back and for some really odd reason he wont sell it to me.

Just got my DX Engineering Exhaust Ground Kit and a pack of 5-1.uF 250V metalized film capacitors to make my mobile more quiet. The grounding kit to keep the exhaust system from being an antenna and the capacitor for making the A/C condenser fan motor noise go away.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
Reactions: 1 person
Sirio - AC/U + 4M.CAVO/PL

My Sirio Performer PL5000 hard mount just came in from DNJ.
In the pic below,I'm trying to figure out if the big ring is supposed to stay on with the antenna base screwed down on top. The big black ring isn't threaded but is knurled on it's outer circumference. Looks like a cammed round wrench for the small black threaded round thing. The small black ring screws down on the SO-239 fitting and is cammed to fit cam marks on the big black ring.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 10

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.