• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRE-8900 And Beyond:Ongoing Discussions

Does anybody know in what order you hook up the CRE -8900 to a PC with that program? Thanks

Always best to install software first then the cable. At least the software install will copy the drivers to the hard drive so when the cable is plugged in it may find the driver there. The serial converter in this cable is a commonly used one so you should not have any issues either way.

Always best to install software first then the cable. At least the software install will copy the drivers to the hard drive so when the cable is plugged in it may find the driver there. The serial converter in this cable is a commonly used one so you should not have any issues either way.

Thanks. It worked one time. I may have to uninstall the program and reinstall it. I haven't had home Internet since 08' so I used my iPhone 5's hotspot capability,a Netgear wifi USB and driver install disc to update my XP home edition(259 mb worth). My PC works so much better and faster now. Hopefully I'll get er done! I wonder if freqs outside of the 8900's listed range can be programmed in?

Reactions: 1 person
Finally got my 8900 programmed using the proprietary cable and download after two days I'd struggling. I don't have home Internet so I used my iPhone 5 as a wifi hotspot and netgear wifi USB and install disc. I updated my PC(sitting 5 years). Had to go to 'all programs' and realized that the USB driver that was downloaded wasn't installed. Installed that and after a few more times the 8900 finally got into the 'pc' mode. Simple process of typing in what freqs I wanted. :O

Finally got my 8900 programmed using the proprietary cable and download after two days I'd struggling. I don't have home Internet so I used my iPhone 5 as a wifi hotspot and netgear wifi USB and install disc. I updated my PC(sitting 5 years). Had to go to 'all programs' and realized that the USB driver that was downloaded wasn't installed. Installed that and after a few more times the 8900 finally got into the 'pc' mode. Simple process of typing in what freqs I wanted. :O

Just got my cable and am very interested in seeing what I can do with it. Find anything interesting yet?

Just got my cable and am very interested in seeing what I can do with it. Find anything interesting yet?

You can set it up on any channel within the radio's frequency limit to transmit on one freq and receive on another. There's some other thing I don't understand yet. Something about setting up a delay I think in unkeying. ???? The drivers were opened up with the program out of the zip file but check for any new programs to see if the drivers need to be installed. I don't know much about 10 meter radios or the jargon that's associated with the subject.

Reactions: 1 person
Friendly advice. Most times it's not how much you say, but what you say that's important. Also, it's almost always better to try to figure things out for yourself.

I know Li'Yeshua's avatar says Senior Member, but I would be careful of any advice he gives. (Questions good. Too many questions means your not thinking for yourself).

I think the stars are cool that's not the reason why I post. I could care less about the stars though. I would like to know how to get one of those fancy descriptions under my name but that's not the reason I post. I am who I am. Sometimes I don't have the time to find out from scratch about something so I ask those who have been around the mountain a few times.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.