• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Deputy slaps citizen... Citizen soon to be filthy rich

sadly hilarious.
whenever a cop tries that nothing to hide so why can't I look crap I tell him to give me his house keys and let me rummage through his house if he's got nothing to hide.
no one ever gives me their keys and I never allow a search.
not that it stops them.
cops like this are as bad as vice cops.

Reactions: DainBramage
they don't need probable cause, they just like the people to think that.
I'm sure they'll tell you otherwise, but I've been cuffed and released too many times to fall for that shit anymore.

The reaason the cop said "I'm gonna search your car - gimme the keys" is because he believed he already had probably cause. After all, we have no idea what happened before that video started - to begin with. The cop should have just gotten a warrant. The kid was standing on what he felt was right, and if he is to be believed, then he did the right thing.

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
You have the right to refuse search. They need to then get a warrant for search. It makes some cops mad when you say no, but you do have the right to refuse!!!

Reactions: TonyV225
You have the right to refuse search. They need to then get a warrant for search. It makes some cops mad when you say no, but you do have the right to refuse!!!

Good advice,........... NEVER give permission to a cop to search your vehicle

The officer needs probable cause to search his car I think.

Those guys were just being assholes looking for trouble. Routine sobriety checkpoint and he could not even say "No sir I have had nothing to drink tonight"when asked. Instead they decided to set up cameras and be assholes in an effort to assert their "rights". IMHO the cop had reasonable grounds simply because the driver refused to answer in regards to whether he had anything to drink before driving. Rights are rights but being an asshole is.....well just that, being an asshole. Some will disagree with me and others will agree and it is what it is in the end.

Those guys were just being assholes looking for trouble. Routine sobriety checkpoint and he could not even say "No sir I have had nothing to drink tonight"when asked. Instead they decided to set up cameras and be assholes in an effort to assert their "rights". IMHO the cop had reasonable grounds simply because the driver refused to answer in regards to whether he had anything to drink before driving. Rights are rights but being an asshole is.....well just that, being an asshole. Some will disagree with me and others will agree and it is what it is in the end.
Every time I go through a drinking and driving checkpoint, I always ask if they are giving out samples. fastest way to be shown the open road.

If they're acting on their constitutional rights and nice about it then it's the law enforcement community that needs to be educated. They are a certain breed of people who go around challenging LEOs at checkpoints. Personally it gives me the willies to even think of doing what they're doing. I drive for a living so I have my license and registration ready with my window rolled down at any checkpoint. I don't have anything to hide. Also,since I'm allowed by my resident state to carry loaded firearms in my vehicle,I have a whole new set of legal responsibilities to perform. Don't want to piss off any cops,especially in SC.

I do understand them being wrong but it doesn't consitute a slap by the officer. He should have maintained his cool a lot better!! I know sometimes that can be hard but it's part of the job!! I don't know the whole story, who knows that could have been an on going battle with that particular officer and finally someone took some action or it is kids being little punks, but either way the officer assaulted the possible youth? He messed up, bottom line.

Well lets see...assault and battery....the slap on the guy they stole the keys from, and then assault on the second with the verbal threat. Nice police work there.

I was stopped about 15 or so years ago with a friend in my car. To be fair I had been blowing through a sub division a bit fast and they pulled up behind me at my destination in the parking lot. He was nice about it, but asked if they could search my car and I told him OK...go for it as I have nothing to hide. My friend had a "leaf" on his hat, but I have always been clean. I chatted with the first officer while another went through my car and found nothing. He said they found nothing, not even a seed. I said "Told ya" and he said either I was telling the truth, or I cleaned out the car really well.

On another occasion a different friend was pulled over at about 2:30am...doing nothing wrong but being a long haired early 20 something out on the road in the wee hours. They got 2 patrol cars AND lieutenant on scene and asked for the search. He agreed and the officers commenced to searching his car starting with the hatch area. They opened it and then called the lieutenant over and they closed it up and sent him on his way with nothing else said. The first thing they were his criminal justice text books for the classes he was taking and knew they had no reason to have stopped him in the first place.
Gotta love it.

A lot of times people think that the cops have no reason whatsoever for stopping them however all you have to do is stray over that center line even just a tiny bit once while they are following you and that can be enough for them to state suspicion of impaired driving or perhaps not stop 100% at an intersection or failed to signal. A lot of people do things like that so routinely that they are not even aware of how often they do it and can't understand why a cop stops them for it. Remember "impaired" does not necessarily mean drunk. It could mean anything that impairs your ability to properly operate a vehicle including reading or fumbling around the glove box.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.